Green Man 2023

March Hare

My engagement with chai whallahs has decreased steadily as I've got older, haven't been back since I stumbled across the Beatles dub cover band which is the worst thing I've ever seen. I think there would be uproar if they got rid of it though.

My preference would be a stage like the tipi at eotr with late night bands. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2022 at 6:47 PM, collectivisedfarming said:

They shouldn't let gazebos in at all. They block the aisles between tent and take areas where campers could be. Why does anyone need one? Have security go around and take down any that are there. Invariably the worst people at festivals are the gazebo crowd. 

been to a couple in Europe that marked out pitch size and insisted on tent size. I don't see any UK ones going down that route. I do feel for people who can't get there for opening though, it can make a big difference to the weekend.

On the Gazebo side.....I do think maybe, if you are in settlers, and with the 'unique' weather Green Man sometimes gets, A gazebo is a good thing to have, and I wouldnt begrudge peeps having them.

Other campers, well....its a few days, with so much to do. You dont need them. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JHad said:

Yeah, that's how I feel they'll end up using Round The Twist eventually. Rising size bands + secret sets after Rising finishes at night.

I don't know if that tent would be big enough for a band setup, and I imagine with the hill to one side and the barrier/bar/toilets to the other there can't be that much room for expansion. I imagine they think the record shop tent is enough in terms of "secret" second sets.

On Chai Wallahs, it always seems to be full no matter who's on. Are there people who go to GM and don't go to any other stage, in the way people claim to never see any music at Glastonbury?

19 hours ago, retromoz said:

On the Gazebo side.....I do think maybe, if you are in settlers, and with the 'unique' weather Green Man sometimes gets, A gazebo is a good thing to have, and I wouldnt begrudge peeps having them.

Other campers, well....its a few days, with so much to do. You dont need them. 

This is pretty much what I said in my response to the GM questionnaire.  I do Settlers with a 4/5 friends, and take a gazebo, which becomes our community centre.  I do 3/4 other weekend camping festivals during the year, but don't take the gazebo, even though one of them is with the same friends.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

been to a couple in Europe that marked out pitch size and insisted on tent size. I don't see any UK ones going down that route. I do feel for people who can't get there for opening though, it can make a big difference to the weekend.

Shambala has a size restriction on tent size and even mention specific tents.

Chai wallahs used to be an awful lot better than now - they’ve clearly had budget cuts, they seemed to barely strong a lineup together this year and they were largely the same bands as last year. My wife enjoys it but I’d quite like to see something more interesting in that space. Something different though, not just more of the same green man fare. 

round the twist has potential but this year was a joke, it was basically playing the same late night music as was in the far out and walled garden and during the day was boring as hell. Get some secret sets in there and something fun later on

Posting this here as assuming I might snare someone in/near Cardiff and who likes Katy J Pearson (as a Green Man regular performer-ish)

Got two tickets available for free to her show at Clwb Ifor Bach tonight if anyone wants them (it's sold out) - will send via email. First come first served! 

Unfortunately having to miss it due to flu taking us down!