Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

If foos are available and it works with there schedule they play. Its hardly been many editions without a foo fighter type of band headline.

Yeah probably. Don't think they are doing 2023 anyway

3 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

the american festival will announce their lineups soon and we might get some new namws from them.

who do you think it will be?

i was guessing foo fighters, miley and nicky for the states. can see miley at sziget due...

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT: I'd love to see Miley at Sziget. I have a belief (that I have failed to convince anyone of) that she is the best female pop star of the past decade.

Genuinely think she has a stunning voice, great stage presence and a decent back catalogue of bangers, along with a history of corking covers.

Anyone with me? No, didn't think so......🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT: I'd love to see Miley at Sziget. I have a belief (that I have failed to convince anyone of) that she is the best female pop star of the past decade.

Genuinely think she has a stunning voice, great stage presence and a decent back catalogue of bangers, along with a history of corking covers.

She's no bjork...

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I am lol. She sounds "rock", even in some of her hits you can hear a kind of change in her style... We'll see with her new album ^^ ! But still, I don't believe she'll be there in 2023.

About the Foos, we now know that they'll be back in 2023. Which confirms that there were talks about European festivals for June 2023 (Werchter, Hellfest), but it won't happen.

August remains possible... Dua Lipa and Arctic Monkeys did 2018 and 2022, Florence and Foo Fighters could do 2019 and 2023, who knows...

I had such a weird dream. It was announced at some live gig I attended that the 2 other headliners at Sziget will be Taylor Swift and Paramore. So I even thought that I'll write about it here, one of my guesses was Taylor Swift anyway, and I was super happy to see Paramore again. Then I woke up, realized that it was a dream. Back to sleep. In my next dream I realized again that yes, the previous one was just dream, because the headliners are actually Paramore and some singer guy I haven't heard of with his band. I was happy that at least I'll have Paramore. Then I woke up again. Weird.

Speaking of Weird, at least I've got Yungblud. But pinch me.

3 hours ago, kristofm said:

I had such a weird dream. It was announced at some live gig I attended that the 2 other headliners at Sziget will be Taylor Swift and Paramore. So I even thought that I'll write about it here, one of my guesses was Taylor Swift anyway, and I was super happy to see Paramore again. Then I woke up, realized that it was a dream. Back to sleep. In my next dream I realized again that yes, the previous one was just dream, because the headliners are actually Paramore and some singer guy I haven't heard of with his band. I was happy that at least I'll have Paramore. Then I woke up again. Weird.

Speaking of Weird, at least I've got Yungblud. But pinch me.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paramore were announced. They're touring the U.S (supported by Foals) throughout June and July and have no shows booked after 2 August. That said, are they likely to hit Europe for just one date?

8 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

They played the Sportsarena in Budapest in 2017 and at Sziget in 2019. Not sure why two dates in two years would prevent them playing four years later though.....

Because they are Foo Fighters and they are not playing same events/cities every few year.

For example, before that, they played only one time in Hungary and that was Sziget in 1997. 

Or another example, in 2019 they sell out two gigs in Croatia in a few minutes. Do you think they will come back soon? No, and if you ask me, I think they will never come back to Croatia. 

Edited by SweetJesus

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paramore were announced. They're touring the U.S (supported by Foals) throughout June and July and have no shows booked after 2 August. That said, are they likely to hit Europe for just one date?

Kalorama in Portugal has a missing headliner, theres also like APE too among others

22 hours ago, gfa said:

This account saying Paramore are at Lolla Chicago (early august). Pinch of salt obviously but says its from their team and a big account

https://twitter.com/concertleaks/status/1610401549448273920?s=46&t=XgdRsOTC5QEkxb3cRbFX-A

They have a very long American Tour until August 2, so it makes sense. Anyways, playing Chicago on August 3-4 doesn't rule them out of European festivals starting from August 10.

I'm a bit afraid of Paramore not playing Reading/Leeds. Like, if they were in Europe in August, that would be such an obvious match.

On the other hand, you've got a long long tour in the US that ends in the beginning of August, why won't you spend the next two months in Europe where you can still do festivals and open air shows?

40 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Screenshot_20230106_203036_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0fe0d414b7a811b7092d0dbbc715f1a7.jpg

So new names are coming in February

Also, I'm confused who's co/sub-headlining on the first day of the festival, I went and checked on official websites and Foals, Nial Horan and Sam Fender are scheduled for the August 10th, when Florence + the Machine are performing 🙃

Artists very often put the first day of the festival in their tour calendar so you'll have to wait for daily splits which will come with the announcement in February I guess. Foals are most likely sub-headlining on August 10th as they are playing in Slovakia a day later.

2 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Screenshot_20230106_203036_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0fe0d414b7a811b7092d0dbbc715f1a7.jpg

So new names are coming in February

Also, I'm confused who's co/sub-headlining on the first day of the festival, I went and checked on official websites and Foals, Nial Horan and Sam Fender are scheduled for the August 10th, when Florence + the Machine are performing 🙃

Suspect it'll be mid-to-late February, so we're probably at least five or six weeks away from an announcement. Foals subbing Florence makes a lot of sense and a great pairing. That leaves Fender to sub the to-be-announced rock/indie headliner.

I know Leaks has said no to them but with The Killers at Reading and Leeds, and Fender having subbed for them at stadiums last year, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being announced after all. 

Edited by swelsbyuk