Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

These are some of my predictions, they're not necessarily my "dream" acts (or at least not all of them): 

Headliners: RHCP, Eminem, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus, The Strokes/Blur (in 2023 it's going to be 10 years since Blur played at Sziget) + a DJ

Subheadliners: Paramore, Miles Kane, Lil Nas X, Mike Shinoda, Bad Bunny, Eagles of Death Metal

Undercard/Freedome names: Maneskin, Olivia Rodrigo, Santigold, Galactic Empire, Fever 333, Mura Masa

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Seems like the leaks guy was hinting at Coldplay in the old thread. Solid headliner I guess.

I'd also expect RHCP to play festivals next year since they focused on their own stadium shows this year. They'd be a great booking.

Eminem would also be cool, but damn that shit would be so busy! He's never played here in Hungary before and he's one of the few acts that Hungarians would fork out on a day ticket for en masse.

Would also love to see Arcade Fire, Foals, Alt-J, Pond, Khruangbin and The Strokes.

Generally, I just want to see less of a top-heavy line up next year. The undercard was pretty underwhelming. 

On 8/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, #1SzigetFan said:

These are some of my predictions, they're not necessarily my "dream" acts (or at least not all of them): 

Headliners: RHCP, Eminem, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus, The Strokes/Blur (in 2023 it's going to be 10 years since Blur played at Sziget) + a DJ

Subheadliners: Paramore, Miles Kane, Lil Nas X, Mike Shinoda, Bad Bunny, Eagles of Death Metal

Undercard/Freedome names: Maneskin, Olivia Rodrigo, Santigold, Galactic Empire, Fever 333, Mura Masa

Names are interesting ^^ 

but no way 1) eagles of death metal as a sub, and 2) maneskin and olivia rodrigo would never "only" be at freedome. MainStage or nothing.

Since it's their 30th birthday, I suppose the "see you soon" clue given by @Sziget2023_Leaks might indeeed be Coldplay (damn I can't imagone the overcrowded pit lol..).

Then, I'm sure they would try Eminem as a second BIG name, and that's understandable since there were no rap act as headliner this year.

After that... hmm.. Muse are doing their World Tour in 2023 so why not ; female artists is very difficult to guess because so many could : Billie Eilish ? Miley Cyrus ? or a surprise like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga ? way too early to say... Also, why not this ABBA holograms thing, since the abba tribute always is a huge success ^^

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

Names are interesting ^^ 

but no way 1) eagles of death metal as a sub

I don't see them as Sziget headliners. Maybe if and only if they also bring Josh Homme with them.

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

2) maneskin and olivia rodrigo would never "only" be at freedome. MainStage or nothing.

Yeah, that's why I wrote Undercard/Freedome.

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

Muse are doing their World Tour in 2023 so why not

They were at VOLT this year

Edited by #1SzigetFan

4 minutes ago, activean said:

Does that rule them out? 

I think Wiz Khallifa headlined Sziget year after Volt. 

Well it doesn't rule them out, I guess it just makes them a bit unlikely. They were also at Sziget in 2016 and they also had another concert in Budapest in 2019. So next year at Sziget it would be their 4th concert in Hungary in the past 7 years and it would be their 3rd in the past 4 years.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Well it doesn't rule them out, I guess it just makes them a bit unlikely. They were also at Sziget in 2016 and they also had another concert in Budapest in 2019. So next year at Sziget it would be their 4th concert in Hungary in the past 7 years and it would be their 3rd in the past 4 years.

it happenned many times in the past, that an artist playing one of these 2 festivals, play the other one the year after ^^

Also, for eagles of death metal, I meant "no way subheadliner", but same for headliner lol, they are too small ^^ Queens of the Stone Age, on the other hand... why not 🙂 (if Josh Homme figures his problems out)

10 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Also, for eagles of death metal, I meant "no way subheadliner", but same for headliner lol, they are too small ^^ Queens of the Stone Age, on the other hand... why not 🙂 (if Josh Homme figures his problems out)

Yeah, in my opinion the Main Stage has these spots:

16:00 Undercard

17:30 Undercard

19:30 Subheadliner (sometimes coheadliners)

21:15 Headliner

For EODM I meant the 19:30 o'clock spot on the Main Stage.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

If you look at the busy days this year it was Dua Lipa, Justin, Calvin and attic monkeys. I think it will be a few pop acts, not sure how big Olivia is the now but could be a shout next year. More likely to see Coldplay, the big band that appeals to a wide audience like Artic Monkeys. A DJ, Martin Gatrix or along those lines. Then a few pop acts, Harry would be good but I can't see it. I think it missed a rap act this year. Not sure on the budget but I will only be going if some decent acts get announced. 

My daughter wants to go back so just shows that you could put nearly anyone one up and it's about the festival rather than the acts 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, jj200 said:

the killers 

paramore

kendrick 

rage against the machine 

muse 

coldplay

That would be tragic.

if Coldplay/Killers are in the line up then the food won’t be the most bland thing on offer next year.

Muse are shite too.

• Upvote 1

I think RHCP and Florence will both be in with a shout. Still think Coldplay are just too big, but their 2023 tour dates do seem to finish just before festival season begins so you never know.

Hope the undercard manages to squeeze in some acts like Self Esteem, Sports Team, Confidence Man, Gang of Youths, Fever 333, Foals, Glass Animals etc etc.