Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

The Sziget instagram account is being hammered at the moment. I realise this happens every time any festival reveals its line-up nowadays, Reading and Leeds has this year and even Glasto.

However, I can see what they're saying. That line-up with Mumford and Maclemore on the top line just looks antiquated. 

Even one of our group who hasn't been to Sziget before is kicking off. Not sure what it's like elsewhere but Mumford and Sons are pretty much the worst headliner you could book for a UK festival-goer nowadays. I think @thetime touched on it earlier, no UK festivals will go anywhere near them. 

2 minutes ago, Kois said:

On the main page M&S have a smaller picture than the other headliners. Is there still hope for a headliner Aug 13 or am I just overthinking it?

image.thumb.png.0bf3e7f1c5601adcb094c91a698e3cd4.png

You're overthinking it. It's just a design quirk. However, I wouldn't rule out a strong(ish) sub being announced once they realise that day tickets aren't selling at the expected rate!

Hmm, in that case that is indeed a very lame day, wonder how the daily ticket sales will do for that day.. Honestly the whole fest is pretty lame probably won't go this year. Anyway was fun speculating have fun to those who are going. Peace out

Just now, gfa said:

Absolutely shocking headliners

The DJ undercard is really good imo

i might be the only one here, but I don’t find the headliners at all bad.

If they had switched out David Guetta for martin garrix and Mumford & sons for a different  band (the strokes) then for me that would have been the perfect set for me.

39 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

The Sziget instagram account is being hammered at the moment. I realise this happens every time any festival reveals its line-up nowadays, Reading and Leeds has this year and even Glasto.

However, I can see what they're saying. That line-up with Mumford and Maclemore on the top line just looks antiquated. 

Even one of our group who hasn't been to Sziget before is kicking off. Not sure what it's like elsewhere but Mumford and Sons are pretty much the worst headliner you could book for a UK festival-goer nowadays. I think @thetime touched on it earlier, no UK festivals will go anywhere near them. 

Except Victorious have booked them on an exclusive..

24 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I think what is very striking is how different the reaction would have been if they hadn’t announced Mumford & sons and instead a different rock band…

Or according to Instagram if they’d booked the weekend that would have been much better received…

People on Instagram think booking The Weeknd is like buying a milk. You just point to an artist and they will come. It doesn’t work like that. The Weeknd clearly doesn’t want to do festivals.

Edited by Newjem
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lets be honest its a very weak year for festivals, only the festivals which are all about lineups(werchter and mad cool) seem to be decent.

So it's no surprise Sziget is pretty average this year, a festival which isn't renowned for having brilliant lineups. 

26 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

i might be the only one here, but I don’t find the headliners at all bad.

If they had switched out David Guetta for martin garrix and Mumford & sons for a different  band (the strokes) then for me that would have been the perfect set for me.

Looks like v festival 

29 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

on instagram stories it says lorde will be before macklemore.

i really dont get it. yes, he could be a great party, but she needs the night atmosphire imo to make a hugh show.

Agreed. That's ruined it for me. She should have been the closing act... 

That means Lorde will only get 75 minutes and Macklemore will get 90. I didn't realise Macklemore had enough songs to fill a 90minute show..

Edited by FestivalJamie