Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

3 minutes ago, activean said:

Billie needs a Sub, right? 

It could be me but Saturday is weak AF

Edit: Nope. 

Sam Fender will perform before Florence + The Machine takes over the Main Stage on the first day of Sziget,  just as girl in red before Billie Eilish on the last day. 

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The thing I don’t understand is why is the first day so heavy loaded: Florence, Sam fender, bonobo, & foals. 

Towards the end of the festival the undercard starts to get weaker and weaker.

weaker and weaker...as our energy!

Im happy that for the first time the best day is the first day and not the last as everyone is dust coughing zombie by then 🙂

But this is only thing why Im happy, this announcement is super weak. Except Bonobo no good middle names announced nor undercards.

Edited by lukatej
edit

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The thing I don’t understand is why is the first day so heavy loaded: Florence, Sam fender, bonobo, & foals. 

Towards the end of the festival the undercard starts to get weaker and weaker.

That’s because they moved the dates. Foals or Sam Fender were probably subheadliners of the original first day. And they obviously made some last minute bookings for the 15th which wasn’t originally planned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lukatej said:

weaker and weaker...as our energy!

Im happy that for the first time the best day is the first day and not the last as everyone is dust coughing zombie by then 🙂

But this is only thing why Im happy, this announcement is super weak. Except Bonobo no good middle names announced nor undercards.

The undercard is definitely weaker than it was in previous years… obviously I’m a big Lorde fan so I personally see her as a good headliner but I was expecting to see more names I knew on the undercard be announced.

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

What makes you say that AJR are likely subs?

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Isn’t Arlo Parks the sub?

Looking at the site, it's either Arlo Parks or AJR. Don't know about their status in Europe, AJR are big in USA, Arlo Parks is (AFAIK) in UK. But judging on monthly listeners AJR are bigger and their music is more mainstream.

Still there's a chance that Sunday sub will be announced later! But it's a slim chance.

2 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Looking at the site, it's either Arlo Parks or AJR. Don't know about their status in Europe, AJR are big in USA, Arlo Parks is (AFAIK) in UK. But judging on monthly listeners AJR are bigger and their music is more mainstream.

Still there's a chance that Sunday sub will be announced later! But it's a slim chance.

I saw Arlo Parks support Foals in 2021 and she had a great voice but her stage presence was non-existent.

If either are supporting as the sun sets it will be AJR. Arlo is definitely an afternoon act.

Day 1 is the only one stacked with names both on A38 and Main Stage. The following days either have a good main stage (Billie Eilish's days) or a good A38 (Moderat's and M83's days).

Most of the time I spent reading the lineups for the two stages, I felt like I was trying to convince myself (like "this is a good live, I dont know them but I heard of it" or "I know two songs, not too shabby", or worst of all "from the 30 secs preview it sounds good"). It is never a good omen.

Coliseum looks dope, Party Arena looks more decent than usual to me (must be because few Coliseum-A38 names leaked there god knows why - Tale of Us, Jamie, etc).

The World and the Europe stages are decent. Didn't mind much with the Urban one, whatsitsname.

Generally speaking, it's sad being 28 and feeling left out of the target. When I started festivals I was 21 and I felt like the target pointed to 25-30 (the people who usually can actually pay themselves for this kind of experience, without having to rely on savings or parents). Now that I am in that niche, the festival shifted towards 20-25, I guess sic transit gloria mundi

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Day 1 is the only one stacked with names both on A38 and Main Stage. The following days either have a good main stage (Billie Eilish's days) or a good A38 (Moderat's and M83's days).

Feel this as well. The sunday actually has a really good A38 line up but then the Monday and Tuesday have poor A38 line ups but the main stage is much better.

It’s odd that Diplo is being listed as the second biggest name under Mumford & Sons. I’m surprised they haven’t got a bigger sub for the main stage (unless it’s coming last minute like Macklemore got added last minute in 2019)- but unlikely.

I do have to think twice about whether I want to go this year. The ticket prices are quite expensive, even for 3 days it’s €240.