Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

Yeah i dont think much can be read into it either way.

i’ve always been of the opinion that it would be crazy for them not to do it given they’re active. The fact they have so many other shows and festivals to sell also lends itself to a later confirmation, if they are indeed doing glastonbury. They could be announced as late as the full lineup in very late may.

26 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

Weren’t they rumoured to be doing a certain amount of gigs and there’s still one left to announce?

On 10/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, ClementsMike said:

Spoke to JC this evening in Cheltenham. Tour announcement is coming October 28th. 13 dates. 

I think most dates were announced that day too.

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

This is way too cryptic for me but I’m so here for it 🤞🏻

Fingers crossed to the max, would love to see them again! Does seem a weird thing to quote of all the responses given he was talking about things people wanted on the tour.

Quotsa a shoo-in to clash with elton now so im thinking pulp 3rd down on pyramid if they do it. Or, god forbid, the park secret set again. I suppose another option could be a “secret gig” on woodsies a la killers / george ezra.

Park almost certainly not repeated so lets say one of the other two!

Edited by Memory Man

37 minutes ago, Ashl said:

If they are playing I wonder if Glasto could invent a special slot just for them eg a Friday/Saturday Libertines 2015 style slot where its unannounced on the Pyramid.

This! Please this! 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That seems quite a strong indication that they'll be there.  

So - secret set again.

As long as secret set is on the pyramid and not the park/a tent, I was there in 2011 but it was just far too over crowded. 

Edited by Rachie

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was at The Park set in 2011.  Seemed fine. I just got there earlier than I would have for a non special guest.

I got there very early too. Long before they shut it off I couldn’t get close enough to see, I’m 5ft 1  and can usually weave through crowds no problem but not that gig. Plus no screens so I couldnt even get a glimps. Honestly I’ve seen Pulp 20 odd times since 1996 and that’s my least favourite gig I think. Different strokes/folks and all that. 

Edited by Rachie

Pretty sure that if they're on the Pyramid, unless it's opening the stage then it won't be a secret. There wouldn't be any crowd control issues with them doing a billed 4pm or 6pm Pyramid slot, and they're not going to be vain enough to be bothered about the exact placement.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Pretty sure that if they're on the Pyramid, unless it's opening the stage then it won't be a secret. There wouldn't be any crowd control issues with them doing a billed 4pm or 6pm Pyramid slot, and they're not going to be vain enough to be bothered about the exact placement.

Agree.  There's been plenty of chat around overcrowding and the need to spread things about a bit....a Pulp secret set would fly totally in the face of that with respect to the rush it could cause.

1 hour ago, Rachie said:

I got there very early too. Long before they shut it off I couldn’t get close enough to see, I’m 5ft 1  and can usually weave through crowds no problem but not that gig. Plus no screens so I couldnt even get a glimps. 

This was my exact experience!

I did still enjoy it but if they play this year I sincerely hope it's on a big stage.

3 minutes ago, coma girl said:

This was my exact experience!

I did still enjoy it but if they play this year I sincerely hope it's on a big stage.

Yeah the set list was brilliant. I remember some um, scally lads in-front of me that one of had just pissed in a bottle and dropped it on the floor 🤮 he heard me singing along to Razzmatazz/Acrylic Afternoons and said “hey! you get in-front of us love you’re clearly a big fan” it was very kind but I didn’t fancy standing in the piss puddle tbh 😐

Just now, Rachie said:

Yeah the set list was brilliant. I remember some um, scally lads in-front of me that one of had just pissed in a bottle and dropped it on the floor 🤮 he heard me singing along to Razzmatazz/Acrylic Afternoons and said “hey! you get in-front of us love you’re clearly a big fan” it was very kind but I didn’t fancy standing in the piss puddle tbh 😐

Eww 😬

We weren't that far back compared to the size of the full crowd but I still couldn't see a single thing.

51 minutes ago, incident said:

They aren’t dropping obvious hints and then going for a secret set . It just conflicts