latitude 2023

jj200

6 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

That Friday on the main stage is going to be great.  Bit disappointed with the Pulp/Yard Act clash.  But clashes are inevitable.

either they'd be booking rubbish or its a bad clash if its against pulp anyway 🙂 

seems the comment above said they won't clash anyway!

Just now, Callum_96 said:

Yard Act said on Facebook that they won't be clashing with Pulp. End as Pulp start kind of thing

that is good, hopefully I will be able to scramble between Metronomy and Yard Act.  Although the Friday on both stages is full of  stuff.  going to be a good day.

Friday is really strong and there is enough on the other days that will be fun without too many clashes. 

Young fathers will be great, their new album is fantastic. Siouxsie is a great catch. Creep show is a john grant project so if you like him worth checking out. 

A few things I need to do some listening on.

Does anyone know if Don Letts is a dj set and what stuff he tends to play if so? 

Miss Grit's debut album dropped today. She is playing the sunrise arena. It's a great album. I would describe it as experimental indie pop. She's signed to Mute which is usually a good indication of quality. I recommend enthusiatically. 

Also, they haven't released anything yet,  but just twigged that 86tvs is the new band from Felix and Hugo White from Maccabees, so I expect if anyone here likes Maccabees then they will be worth checking out (looks like they are named after an "I am Kloot" song, which I take as a good sign).

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Also, they haven't released anything yet,  but just twigged that 86tvs is the new band from Felix and Hugo White from Maccabees, so I expect if anyone here likes Maccabees then they will be worth checking out (looks like they are named after an "I am Kloot" song, which I take as a good sign).

Also playing Brighten The Corners festival in Ipswich, which has a pretty amazing line-up - https://www.brightenthecorners.co.uk

Unfortunately the same weekend as Download which I'll be at.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, wro_lap said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/latitude2023/

Would appreciate if those more knowledgeable/savvy than me could make this better! Cheers!

This is pretty bang on I'd say, annoyingly they never announce the times until the week before but they never normally change too much so great work

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

This is pretty bang on I'd say, annoyingly they never announce the times until the week before but they never normally change too much so great work

Probably get another 1-2 random guests i reckon

Trying to stay out of the glasto threads at the moment due to all that + don't have tickets and don't want to get to involved in case I'm not successful in the resale.

Anyway,  everyone is lovely in the latitude thread 🙂

I was listening to Men I Trust today as I hadn't heard them. Liked what I heard but need to listen a bit more before I world choose them over metronomy. Anyway, led me down a rabbit hole of similar artists and ended up listening to strawberry guy. He's not playing but would be great if he was there. Seems like the sort of act that could play. Think he is only doing the great escape so far this year. Anyway. I've got my fingers crossed.