latitude 2023

jj200

19 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

News coming very soon apparently 

In unrelated events, Pulp are announcing their comeback tour next week 

First headliner confirmed?? 

I imagine they'll be trying to get some sort of line-up poster out as soon as possible, with the current climate and before Christmas.

I find it a little odd that they've taken tickets off sale, while R&L still has them on sale. They're both FR events, so I'd have thought it would be consistent between the two festivals. It's especially ironic as R&L won't have trouble selling out, but Latitude might have a bit of trouble shifting tickets.

It was interesting to see the demand for Green Man next year. They've managed to sell out, with 25,000 tickets sold without a single act confirmed. I'm not sure if Latitude managed to sell 25,000 tickets even with the line-up out this year. I'm one of the 25,000 that bought tickets for Green Man next year. I went this year and it's fantastic. It definitely has the sort of vibe that Latitude was trying to create in the first few years of it's existence.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:15 AM, suttttttt said:

Could we see Tame Impala crop up at this? If they headlined with a decent undercard I’d be tempted for a ticket. 

I'm stunned they haven't played in almost 9 years so I think they're in with a shout 

Also looks as if they're doing their rebrand which they only normally do before ah announcement, is news incoming?  

Screenshot_20221025_130925_Facebook.jpg

3 hours ago, chrisplowman said:

Paolo Nutini confirmed as a headliner. Just seen the van outside his show tonight.

https://twitter.com/cplowman/status/1585030382050844681

Cheers!

I'm not a fan personally. I don't find his music that interesting, so probably won't be there.

I'm hoping that they'll be a good option against him in either of the tents, as that'll keep me happy. Looking back at previous years, there's usually something worth watching around headliner time. We had a clash-mania on the Friday of 2021 with Wolf Alice, Hot Chip and Dry Cleaning. I'd have been happy to have seen any of them, but decided to go with Wolf Alice. Chances are they'll be something I'm interested in watching on at the same time as Paolo.

To give Paolo some credit, Iron Sky is one of my favourite songs. It's incredible. It's quite odd, as I'm a huge fan of that one, but don't really get his other stuff. In an ideal world, I'd catch that one song, then watch whoever else is on.

This is a fantastic video. I love how the song builds to a perfect climax: 

I can see it's a good booking, it's just not really for me. There's usually a headliner or two that I'm not a fan of, so it's not surprising. I hope that they confirm the next two headliners in the next few days. I'd love for Pulp to be there, and I'm pretty confident that The 1975 will be one of the other headliners.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:04 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Ive been thinking about other potential hesdliners, could Gorillaz be in with a shout? I know they have a new album out in February so if they had tour/festival appearances next year I think they could pop up, especially as Damon seems close with the festival 

i think damon is doing Blur next summer.

8 hours ago, Miyn said:

I'm not a fan personally. I don't find his music that interesting, so probably won't be there.

I would say I'm a casual fan, I mostly went because my partner is a big fan, and I would say he was amazing. His voice is incredible and he does a really interesting set, reworking his more popular songs to fit his current style. Was a great show. That said he'll probably just play all the hits as people know them for a festival crowd.

Also agree on Iron Sky, that was genuinely spine tingling last night. This version is my favourite of the live ones around. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Who else has concerts this week in London?

Bon Iver, Loyle Carner and Cradle of Filth.

Bon Iver would be an amazing booking (pretty sure he's played it before), Loyle Carner feels like a possible BBC Sounds headliner?, Cradle of Filth would be nice to keep it local and it not be about Ed Sheeran for once 😋

3 minutes ago, chrisplowman said:

Bon Iver, Loyle Carner and Cradle of Filth.

Bon Iver would be an amazing booking (pretty sure he's played it before), Loyle Carner feels like a possible BBC Sounds headliner?, Cradle of Filth would be nice to keep it local and it not be about Ed Sheeran for once 😋

I think Loyle Carner is probably a sub now

13 hours ago, Miyn said:

Cheers!

I'm hoping that they'll be a good option against him in either of the tents, as that'll keep me happy. Looking back at previous years, there's usually something worth watching around headliner time. We had a clash-mania on the Friday of 2021 with Wolf Alice, Hot Chip and Dry Cleaning. I'd have been happy to have seen any of them, but decided to go with Wolf Alice. Chances are they'll be something I'm interested in watching on at the same time as Paolo.

To give Paolo some credit, Iron Sky is one of my favourite songs. It's incredible. It's quite odd, as I'm a huge fan of that one, but don't really get his other stuff. In an ideal world, I'd catch that one song, then watch whoever else is on.

This is a fantastic video. I love how the song builds to a perfect climax: 

I can see it's a good booking, it's just not really for me. There's usually a headliner or two that I'm not a fan of, so it's not surprising. I hope that they confirm the next two headliners in the next few days. I'd love for Pulp to be there, and I'm pretty confident that The 1975 will be one of the other headliners.

One of the best songs ever for me.

14 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Paolo Nutini and Pulp appear nailed on. Third to be either female or American at a guess - Haim to fit both? Possibly Florence but it all becomes a bit grown up at that point.

The 1975 are headlining.  Doubt it’ll be pulp. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

The 1975 are headlining.  Doubt it’ll be pulp. 

Do you have any reason to believe that it won't be Pulp? Or is it just speculation?

There's been quite a few sources saying The 1975, do you know anything more about it, e.g. what day they're playing?

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Do you have any reason to believe that it won't be Pulp? Or is it just speculation?

There's been quite a few sources saying The 1975, do you know anything more about it, e.g. what day they're playing?

No ideas on days.  Was just told they’re playing IOW and Latitude… of course could be wrong.

Reason i thought no Pulp was because I believe the other 2 are Paolo Nutini and The 1975 so thought they’d change it up.  Obvs Pulp announcing on the same day does make sense though.

Edited by sisco

10 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I've heard from 2 different people that it is pulp. Could be BS but I think it is likely. 

Seen someone else saying they’re doing the livenation events (IOW, Latitude, Lytham and TRSMT).  If that’s true I doubt the 1975 info is correct.   Surely no chance IOW and Latitude share 2 headers is there?