latitude 2023

jj200

40 minutes ago, chrisplowman said:

Seems tickets are £250 this year so £15 more than last year. To be expected I guess.

FYI tickets are almost always cheaper from Colchester Arts Centre than they are from Ticketmaster (less fees)

10% off with barclaycard credit card too

On 10/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, Miyn said:

Now that I think of it, I think we could be missing at least one. It's hard to say who they could be, and how many we're missing.

Young Fathers could definitely be one of them. They're playing some decent size venues on their tour, including The Roundhouse (3,300 capacity) and the Albert Hall (2,300 capacity). They don't really fit on Obelisk, so I think they'll either be subbing BBC Sounds, or headlining it.

I think Metronomy could headline sounds, but they could also play Obelisk. They sort of fit into the Modest Mouse slot 3rd from top this year. They would make sense 3rd down, subbing Obelisk or headlining BBC Sounds.

Black Midi and The Big Moon are probably too small, The Big Moon more so than Black Midi I'd say. The Big Moon would fit BBC Sounds and Obelisk, while Black Midi can only really work on BBC Sounds.

It would have been great to have a poster format where we could tell stage and day splits.

We really lucked out with the BBC Sounds headliners this year. Phoebe, Groove Armada and Fontaines were all playing some pretty big venues, with Phoebe pushing a crazy amount of tickets, with demand for lots more. Fontaines were booked for 2021, but had to cancel due to Covid, which means they were a bigger headliner than they were in 2021, but even with a 2021 level Fontaines, it's still a huge trio. I think it's the best trio of BBC Sounds (or equivalent) headliners they've ever had. So if we got something close to that level, I'd be very happy.

We could feasibly have none of the BBC Sounds headliners, or at a push, all three. I think we've probably got at least one. 

I agree that Metronomy would work well in the Modest Mouse slot. I think they would work better on the Obelisk. By Latitude standards I think they are bit too niche to be a headliner even if it is in the tent.

5 hours ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

I agree that Metronomy would work well in the Modest Mouse slot. I think they would work better on the Obelisk. By Latitude standards I think they are bit too niche to be a headliner even if it is in the tent.

Metronomy would be fine on BBC sounds i think - Sons of Kemet did it the year i went for instance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at some more acts active around the time. I'd nail on Confidence Man playing, they're in the UK the week after and would be a riot in the tent. The Human League are headlining at Camp Bestival the week after so would be a fun nostalgia act to have on the bill

James are doing some 40th anniversary shows next year so are active, I think they'd be a great Obelisk opener on the Saturday like the last 2 years 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

There's been some crossovers with Standon the last few years when they've been the same weekend so I'd keep an eye on some potential other names 

Confidence Man and Bob Vylan would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Siouxsie, what an addition, although she looks out of place on that day but bet she is amazing. A rare treat for those lucky enough to be going. I only ever saw the Banshees twice but two of the best live gigs I have ever seen.

Shame, I am at Truck that weekend.

So based off the day split posters I think its implying Metronomy and Kooks are the other tent headliners alongside Siouxsie but I'm not 100% sure. They seem to be the right level for it. Guess we need another larger announcement to clear it up, I imagine we'll get something more this time next month 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

So based off the day split posters I think its implying Metronomy and Kooks are the other tent headliners alongside Siouxsie but I'm not 100% sure. They seem to be the right level for it. Guess we need another larger announcement to clear it up, I imagine we'll get something more this time next month 

I'd expect kooks as a main stage sub to be honest - they are a pretty solid broadwick headliner and did community too

This is how I've interpreted the day splits stage wise:

Friday:

Obelisk: Pulp, Metronomy

BBC Sounds: TBA

Others: The Beths, The Dinner Party

Saturday:

Obelisk: Paolo Nutini, The Kooks, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

BBC Sounds: Young Fathers

Others: The Big Moon, Lightning Seeds

Sunday:

Obelisk: George Ezra, TBA

BBC Sounds: Siouxsie, Black Midi

Others: The Proclaimers, Sophie Ellis-Bextor

18 hours ago, Miyn said:

This is how I've interpreted the day splits stage wise:

Friday:

Obelisk: Pulp, Metronomy

BBC Sounds: TBA

Others: The Beths, The Dinner Party

Saturday:

Obelisk: Paolo Nutini, The Kooks, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

BBC Sounds: Young Fathers

Others: The Big Moon, Lightning Seeds

Sunday:

Obelisk: George Ezra, TBA

BBC Sounds: Siouxsie, Black Midi

Others: The Proclaimers, Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Yeah I could see this being about right 

From the ones you're not sure on my best guess is: 

Friday:

Obelisk: Pulp, Metronomy

BBC Sounds: The Beths, The Dinner Party

Saturday:

Obelisk: Paolo Nutini, The Kooks, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Lightning Seeds (guest opening slot) 

BBC Sounds: Young Fathers, The Big Moon

Sunday:

Obelisk: George Ezra, The Proclaimers, Sophie Ellis-Bextor

BBC Sounds: Siouxsie, Black Midi

There's obviously loads to fill in between with subs and so on but as for stage predictions this is most likely 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, Chapple12345 said:

Would be devastating if Pulp and Metronomy clash.