Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Rosalia and Ben Howard are about the two worst additions I can think of to a Rock Festival. 

Rosalia, Queens then Monkeys is awful.

Friday looks good but Sunday my god.

What happened Rock Werchter?

I am also more into rock and that Sunday looks like it will be a nice day anyway. Amenra - Puscifer - Queens Of The Stone Age - Arctic Monkeys (haven't seen them before, which means I don't hate them live yet) is already a nice list of names.

15 minutes ago, Jefb said:

Arctic Monkeys (haven't seen them before, which means I don't hate them live yet)

You'll be alright, just make sure you only watch them once, at least until turner manages to write anything that doesn't seem to be written specifically for people wearing beige.

The first time it's ok, you check them off your list and hear a couple of nice tunes. It's the second time it gets you, expecting something more and/or different, but yorkshire elvis still serves you 8 tracks off of a stale 10y old album, looking about as interested as he is in writing something with an actual chorus.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I finally managed to see them for the first time at Mad Cool in July.  They were Magnificent and would be a great addition to RW

I only knew a couple of songs before we saw them at Mad Cool; was very pleasantly surprised. Thought they were very good, would be welcome on this line up somewhere

20 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

BBK live announced new names today: Bilbao BBK Live adds new artists to 2023 line-up | Bilbao BBK Live

Of those I wouldn´t mind having Phoenix, M83 and Röyksopp at Werchter. 

Phoenix is sadly unlikely, already playing Dour in Belgium 10 days after Werchter. The 2 others would be nice additions though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, polnico said:

Wet Leg playing Eurockeenes on the Wednesday, so that explains why they didn't appear on the official poster even though O&TW released a posted with them on it. They are only available on the Friday during the w-e.

Apologies if I’m being daft, but how would playing a festival in France on a Wednesday rule them out of playing Werchter on the Thursday? Fairly standard schedule that isn’t it? Then Friday off, Finsbury Park on Saturday, Warsaw on the Sunday

• Upvote 1

I am sorry, actually meant Thursday !

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Apologies if I’m being daft, but how would playing a festival in France on a Wednesday rule them out of playing Werchter on the Thursday? Fairly standard schedule that isn’t it? Then Friday off, Finsbury Park on Saturday, Warsaw on the Sunday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Röyksopp would be really nice, I haven't seen them for years. Madrugada, that was announced for Cactus today, also. But I can't stop thinking about TOOL since I saw that "Welcome to Rockville" poster. I mean...Maynard will be there already, if the rest of the gang would join I'd be a happy man!

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

BBK live announced new names today: Bilbao BBK Live adds new artists to 2023 line-up | Bilbao BBK Live

M83 yesss!

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Lizzo is playing Open'er on Wednesday before RW, can't we say she's pretty likely to play RW as well?

Lizzo Nooo

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gossard said:

Lizzo is playing Open'er on Wednesday before RW, can't we say she's pretty likely to play RW as well?

You mean as one of the missing headliners? I'd be very surprised. RW's headliners are traditionally rock oriented with a couple of exceptions every year. It's part of the festival's identity. We already have Stromae headlining Thursday, Oscar before Muse and Rosalia probably 3rd down on Sunday (ok the latter is not a headliner but still a big name). Therefore I'd expect the missing headliners to be either both rock oriented or one rock and one alternative or electronic act (in the likes of Gorillaz, The Prodigy, etc. - not these obviously) that in any case will appeal to RW's core customer base.

I'd give more chances to names like Liam Gallagher, The Strokes, etc...

7 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

You mean as one of the missing headliners? I'd be very surprised. RW's headliners are traditionally rock oriented with a couple of exceptions every year. It's part of the festival's identity. We already have Stromae headlining Thursday, Oscar before Muse and Rosalia probably 3rd down on Sunday (ok the latter is not a headliner but still a big name). Therefore I'd expect the missing headliners to be either both rock oriented or one rock and one alternative or electronic act (in the likes of Gorillaz, The Prodigy, etc. - not these obviously) that in any case will appeal to RW's core customer base.

I'd give more chances to names like Liam Gallagher, The Strokes, etc...

No, not as headliner. Like Rosalia she wouldn't even be subbing on the main stage. I was just wondering if we could have her in the Barn one day or in the afternoon at the Main Stage. 

11 minutes ago, Gossard said:

No, not as headliner. Like Rosalia she wouldn't even be subbing on the main stage. I was just wondering if we could have her in the Barn one day or in the afternoon at the Main Stage. 

She's most likely playing in between RHCP and The Black Keys, according to comments on Festileaks.

11 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Except ... these are not headliners in Belgium. Lizzo most likely one of the remaining two headliners. The other one, no clue for now. 

They probably won't be around in June anyway (it was just an example) but if they were, The Strokes would be a proper co-head with RHCP imo. For Liam, you are right now that I think about it. 3rd down at most.

6 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I think Ken said that The Strokes sold very bad for 2020 when they got announced 

Yes but, from what I remember, until it got canceled they were the only headliner that day which was a weak one overall. Now you have RHCP as the big ticket seller already there, so I think it's a different setup. It might be too expensive to have both though.

Edited by Floyd_Ams