Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

He's a big name in Belgium, he's sold out the Sportpaleis, which big names sometimes fail to do (e.g. Kendrick). He was always bound to end up taking a big spot at RW, this is the year he does. I am just glad it's as a sub for a name as big as Muse, and not part of a "weak" co-head construction.

7 minutes ago, VCF said:

Dont mind him, his spot might be deserved, but god the order of those announcements is just depressing.

I think this is it; obviously they’re missing other big and better names but at this point you wonder why they can’t announce some of them

6 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

A Belgian festival catering to a Belgian crowd. Not my style, but plenty of our neighbors will be happy with this announcement.

Very true, of course. It will probably go down very well too, just speaking in my own opinion as an international festival goer; expecting us to fork out £300 and all the logistical money that goes with getting there for a couple of been there/done that headliners and some big Belgian names isn’t selling it to me (again, appreciate thats just me)

4 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

It's just mean that there's gonna be a nice package or a big name to be announce on Friday

I think it might have to or else people will be looking elsewhere I fear 

i wasnt interested in oscar when i saw him at Lowlands a few years ago, but he put on an amazing show, the crowd adored him and he got as big an ovation as Muse did. 

He will knock it out of the park, love people thinking just because the announcement isnt for them that the whole world is falling apart... people can like different bands and the fest isnt just for you! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

I was wondering if half the reason that they hadn’t announced Blur yet was because they didn’t actually have them, and that Roskilde announcement hasn’t filled me with confidence at all…

The only special/rare headliner touring in 2023. They have one job.

But Blur playing thursday is very possible though. Damon NOT playing Werchter would be weird.

4 minutes ago, VCF said:

Stromae / Blur

Kendrick / Florence or Arcade Fire or Lana (all touring or rumoured) or ???

Muse / OATW

Arctic Monkeys / QOTSA

You can still save this, Rock Werchter.

Foo Fighters was mentioned a while back as well. I really hope Blur can show up on Thursday! 

11 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Foo Fighters was mentioned a while back as well. I really hope Blur can show up on Thursday! 

The fact we’re not getting any news on the Friday make me think we might get a big head ala Foo Fighters instead of a co-head structure...

I’m sorry but the prospect of AM, Muse and FF, as big as they are, is a bit dire in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Blur on Thursday and a name like Foos on Friday would definitely still sell me a ticket if they deliver with the undercard 

24 minutes ago, pryce said:

He will knock it out of the park, love people thinking just because the announcement isnt for them that the whole world is falling apart... people can like different bands and the fest isnt just for you! 

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested it would or that it is; people are just a bit miffed that we’ve waited a month for an announcement and they’ve come up with something not particularly exciting for the majority of forum users here (but there’ll be plenty of people who will enjoy him, he’s just not for us)

29 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The only special/rare headliner touring in 2023. They have one job.

But Blur playing thursday is very possible though. Damon NOT playing Werchter would be weird.

Why very possible? If they had Blur, what would be the reason for letting all other festivals announcing them, while themselves are giving OatW a solo-announcement? I don't think they have Blur, and now Depeche, Pulp and (probably) Blur has been wasted chances.. 

Also curious to why they can't just announce The Lumineers when the band have done so themselves. Not at it's a big name, but it's still out there..

27 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

It will not be Foo's in the end, maybe better this way, it would be too early. 

Friday headliner will be a first timer, very happy with this one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7