Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

It would be great to have Arctic Monkeys co-headline the Saturday with Muse so we have 2 spots left for headliners... 

Thursday: Charlotte De Witte + Stromae + Oscar And The Wolf.
Friday: Editors + Queens Of The Stone Age + Bring Me The Horizon.
Saturday: Muse + Arctic Monkeys + The 1975.
Sunday: Sytem Of A Down + Volbeat + Placebo.

Yeah. Don't have a good feeling for a huge RW line-up in my opinion in 2023...

9 minutes ago, Archi said:

It would be great to have Arctic Monkeys co-headline the Saturday with Muse so we have 2 spots left for headliners... 

Both of them on the Saturday seems a bit over optimistic too me. However, a co-headlining construction with Stromae sounds much more "feasible".

Rest of your prediction looks plausible; except the Thursday. It is a nice belgium combo for sure, but not strong enough for Werchter imo, need a least a big international artist in between the rest. And Charlotte closing Werchter's main would be an insane gamble by Werchter (I am not against it), but again sounds unrealistic. If only the brought back "dancing acts" to close the main...

14 minutes ago, Archi said:

Editors as closing act in 2023 at Werchter? This band is (finally) done with taking headline spots on major Belgian festivals. They cannot even sell out Vorst anymore! I am also almost 100% sure AM and Muse will each headline their own day next year. 

If we are looking for a major Belgian artist joining Stromae on Thursday, I would prefer Angèle. You can make some very nice combo's, e.g. Stromae - Kendrick Lamar/Dua Lipa - Angèle. 

From the Lollapalooza line-ups, I expect Rosalìa to take a high spot as she sold out Vorst very quickly. I also hope we get a second day with a headliner for a younger audience (swift or Eilish e.g.). 

• Upvote 1

Also hope we are done with Editors headlining but who knows with RW... I put Kendrick Lamar at the first place but exchange with Editors. About Billie Eilish, if the rumors about her headlining Reading are true, I'm wondering if she gonna do both June and August festivals. But it would be the more logical move! Same for Dua Lipa to do finally festivals with her new album run. About Arctic Monkeys, I hope you're not true... but seems they way it goes. I'd have prefered to see them announcing earlier this week an arena show in Antwerp.

• Upvote 1

A combo Florence-Stromae or Florence-AM is plausible (neither of those would get me excited) but a combo AM-Muse is not I think for many reasons. 

Btw...I haven't seen The Prodigy being mentioned anywhere.  Should they decide to tour in '23 and with new music potentially coming out, they would be a contender for a good spot. 

The Prodigy could headline Les Ardentes instead of RW. Maybe they are one of the headliners of Hellfest? They tried to have them since a long time now and as they announced a 4th day. It could be them if they are touring next Summer.

About MCR or PATD, it's impossible to see them headline festivals like RW. Too small. Even if the trio you suggest would be awesome!

4 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Stromae / Kendrick Lamar / The 1975

Arctic Monkeys / Blur / Pulp

Muse / Queens Of The Stone Age / Bring Me The Horizon

My Chemical Romance + Panic! At The Disco (co-head)/ Machine Gun Kelly

Let's not go down this road again, it was stated here multiple times MCR are NOT a headline material in Belgium

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Archi said:

The Prodigy could headline Les Ardentes instead of RW. Maybe they are one of the headliners of Hellfest? They tried to have them since a long time now and as they announced a 4th day. It could be them if they are touring next Summer.

About MCR or PATD, it's impossible to see them headline festivals like RW. Too small. Even if the trio you suggest would be awesome!

Really don't see The Prodigy at Les Ardentes, this festival has now found its target audience, and even though I think part of it would actually enjoy it a lot (moshpits and so on), I doubt that it would sell many tickets. Pukkelpop / Lokerse Feesten,... There are plenty of alternative festivals where they could get head/co-head spot, but a Barn head spot sounds perfect to me (vs Muse ?!)

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

A combo Florence-Stromae or Florence-AM is plausible (neither of those would get me excited) but a combo AM-Muse is not I think for many reasons. 

Btw...I haven't seen The Prodigy being mentioned anywhere.  Should they decide to tour in '23 and with new music potentially coming out, they would be a contender for a good spot. 

I doubt Florence will do Ireland on Wednesday and Werchter on Thursday so I think (hope) she's out. Might be doing some of the other days, but have a gig in Greece again on the Sunday so it seems like a slightly complex logistic exercise for a co/sub-slot...

17 hours ago, tmolvik said:

I doubt Florence will do Ireland on Wednesday and Werchter on Thursday so I think (hope) she's out. Might be doing some of the other days, but have a gig in Greece again on the Sunday so it seems like a slightly complex logistic exercise for a co/sub-slot...

Yeah, you are probably right. I didn't really check her schedule, she's just one of those names that I could see being selected to co-headline with someone like Stromae. Not big enough to be a sole headliner not too small to be a sub. 

Edited by Floyd_Ams

I am trying to think which bands out there ' owe us one'. I can remember Faith No More and SOAD. Are these an option this time round?

Could be a long wait on acts this year, especially from the smaller bands, due to the further rising costs of tour buses and logistics some EU tours are already being cancelled. See Santigold or Sampa the Great. 

10 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

I am trying to think which bands out there ' owe us one'. I can remember Faith No More and SOAD. Are these an option this time round?

Could be a long wait on acts this year, especially from the smaller bands, due to the further rising costs of tour buses and logistics some EU tours are already being cancelled. See Santigold or Sampa the Great. 

QOTSA, dropped out of 2022, who are already playing German festivals next year. I would be stunned if they aren't at RW.

Sam Fender and Greta Van Fleet also pulled out last minute due to illness, would be nice to see them.