Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

9 minutes ago, John L said:

It’s ok. Was never going to be as good as last year for me as pretty much all my favourite bands played then. I’ll wait and see what the next announcement brings. If you don’t live locally it’s not a cheap Festival anymore. 

I like the Sunday bar the headliner last year. James was decent but Saturday was pretty bad for me.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Could easily see Kasabian doing Sunday. But not sure Noel fits Saturday. 

Noel already has a gig on Saturday in Manchester.  As Friday night headliner announced, Noel can only do Sunday and I do expect that it is more likely a 'modern' band similar to Royal blood and Sam Fender in that slot, so not sure it is going to happen.  I still think we might get Capaldi as Sunday headliner.

Divine Comedy need to do an hour set, 2nd on castle stage, surely (ala Kula Shaker / Fratellis).  Awesome with the sun going down on a summers day. 

If they were 'special guest' early slot I think it would have stated this (as it did for Sugababes this year)

Edited by Dg_vic

Well happy with that announcement and not even bothered by not liking the headliner and not so important now Friday is a full day any way.

I love Divine Comedy, Inspiral Carpets, The Coral, Amyl & The Sniffers and really got in to Crawlers last year after seeing them at a few festivals.

Some how I have never managed to see the Vaccines before but like their music and Beabadoobee has always been fun when I have seen her.

So a good solid set of names for me and pleased to see that they are still booking older indie bands, Good old Victorious.

I have seen Divine Comedy a few times at their own shows and they tend to be heavy on new material but if they played a single heavy set at Victorious it would be magnificient. I could see them loosing a crowd fairly quickly if they played a new album in full.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

Well happy with that announcement and not even bothered by not liking the headliner and not so important now Friday is a full day any way.

I love Divine Comedy, Inspiral Carpets, The Coral, Amyl & The Sniffers and really got in to Crawlers last year after seeing them at a few festivals.

Some how I have never managed to see the Vaccines before but like their music and Beabadoobee has always been fun when I have seen her.

So a good solid set of names for me and pleased to see that they are still booking older indie bands, Good old Victorious.

I have seen Divine Comedy a few times at their own shows and they tend to be heavy on new material but if they played a single heavy set at Victorious it would be magnificient. I could see them loosing a crowd fairly quickly if they played a new album in full.

They were 2nd on at OnBlackheath a few years ago and played a very hit centric set, so looks like they mix it up for festivals (setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-divine-comedy/2018/blackheath-common-albury-england-be9a926.html)

• Like 1

I'm really happy with that initial line-up. I genuinely thought Amyl & The Sniffers would be at Reading over Victorious, so that's an absolute win. Also beabadoobee is another utter win. Really excited to see what else they pull out of the bag. 

As Tramlines owned by Super Struct same as Victorious was interested in any line up as usually quite a bit of commonality. 

I would be happy with Jamiroquai and The Enemy from the initial announcement.  My lad would be ecstatic at Amyl & the Sniffers and Wunderhorse.

Sigrid, Vaccines and The Coral played last years Tramlines so discounting them. 

Always found Divine Comedy and particularly National Express very annoying. 

1 hour ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

I think I might be the only one underwhelmed so far, except for JayKay.

28 minutes ago, atomised said:

I'm very much underwhelmed but very much including jaykay  very little for me 

I have a feeling this announcement is going to be a case of you like Jay Kay and not the rest or vise versa. I personally am fine with the undercard and could do without Jay Kay. The issue for me is the distance for it away. 

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Pleased with the 4 you mentioned there, so I’ll need to check our crawlers as not heard them before.  Also pleased/shocked to see The Enemy playing as thought they were on IOW and they didn’t share bands.  Decent start for me  👍

Just on my lunch now although I did check the announcement at 10, 

I'll be honest, I don't think that announcement could be any worse for me, it's absolutely dreadful. Not one act on there I would pay to see. So I guess I'm out. The next announcement would have to be unreal to get the mind changed. Think I'll try somewhere else next year though.

• Upvote 1