Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Scrap that… he does quite a few back to back shows.  Still very much in the picture 

When Weller headlined in 2018, he did a one off Arena date in Birmingham on the Friday night then headlined Victorious on the Saturday night. 

Its hard to say tbh. But he certainly could still headline, it's certainly far enough away to not conflict with Victorious potential goers. I'm surprised Kasabian aren't subbing him though. We certainly won't be getting Primal Scream again though who's subbing him in Manchester.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Prodigy? all very similar acts i agree but a strong trio regardless

Prodigy can't headline due to their only outdoor headline UK dates already announced. 

I think will be Calpaldi, 1975 and one other the way theyre hyping it to the press as their biggest ever and seems they're expanding again. 

I saw that they haven't put parking on sale yet either, I assume maybe because they might expand into that area? 

From the conversations seems they're still in planning stages of expanding the site and locals are being hesitant. 

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

When Weller headlined in 2018, he did a one off Arena date in Birmingham on the Friday night then headlined Victorious on the Saturday night. 

Its hard to say tbh. But he certainly could still headline, it's certainly far enough away to not conflict with Victorious potential goers. I'm surprised Kasabian aren't subbing him though. We certainly won't be getting Primal Scream again though who's subbing him in Manchester.

Kasabian are surely a headliner at those type of events.  Noel is like them… mid tier now 

15 minutes ago, retrokev said:

for me personally capaldi and 1975 would be a big disappointment and geared to a younger crowd

Well, we won't know anyway, cus they only announce 1 headliner in first announcement.

Maybe a Castle headliner too. Victorious always has a nice mix and I don't think they'll move from that balanced formula 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Well, we won't know anyway, cus they only announce 1 headliner in first announcement.

Maybe a Castle headliner too. Victorious always has a nice mix and I don't think they'll move from that balanced formula 

yep i know as been past 9 years,and booked up for next year.sure will be a great castle act at same time though so not to bothered.how about the who.not been mentioned.are thet to big.?

50 minutes ago, sisco said:

Be interesting to see Standon tomoz.  Last year 2 of their headliners were a castle header and a main stage sub plus 2 of the billed special guests (Example and Sugerbabes).  Also had Self Esteem, Declan McKenna and Sam Ryder from the main stages acts

This being said, I’m prettt sure one is Little Simz who I imagine will be a main stage sub

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

This being said, I’m prettt sure one is Little Simz who I imagine will be a main stage sub

I'll be honest, I've never heard of little simz outside of this forum. 😂 

I just had a listen and nope don't recognise her stuff.

Victorious has never had that kind of genre in a big slot, I think if she is booked, will be taking the Anne Marie Castle Headline slot, if she is that big, I mean Becky Hill was third down on Castle this year, is Little Simz bigger than Becky Hill? 

Becky Hill performed at the Woman's Euro finals. 

EDIT I know it's not the be all and end all but Little Simz is getting 5m you tube views and Becky Hill is getting near 30m and Anne Marie is in the hundreds of millions, so maybe Little Simz is getting a smaller slot than is being mentioned here. If she's even booked.

Edited by luckysalt

7 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I'll be honest, I've never heard of little simz outside of this forum. 😂 

I just had a listen and nope don't recognise her stuff.

Victorious has never had that kind of genre in a big slot, I think if she is booked, will be taking the Anne Marie Castle Headline slot, if she is that big, I mean Becky Hill was third down on Castle this year, is Little Simz bigger than Becky Hill? 

Becky Hill performed at the Woman's Euro finals. 

At the time of booking likely. Becky Hill also played 4th down at Splendour last year.

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Prodigy can't headline due to their only outdoor headline UK dates already announced. 

I think will be Calpaldi, 1975 and one other the way theyre hyping it to the press as their biggest ever and seems they're expanding again. 

I saw that they haven't put parking on sale yet either, I assume maybe because they might expand into that area? 

From the conversations seems they're still in planning stages of expanding the site and locals are being hesitant. 

Ah yeah my mistake 🙂 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Well…. I hope Bloc Party and Confidence Man for Victorious from the Standon Lineup.  Can defo see Years & Years being there though 

Only Bloc Party for me from that lineup, but mostly filled with a sense of dread at who we may share 🤣🤣🤣  they played  Victorious pretty recently I’m sure 🧐 

bit the bullet and bought early bird tickets for full weekend last night.  The line up always has something for my taste, so I’m keeping the faith ✌️ Genuinely my favourite festival, just a bugger being the other side of 🇬🇧 

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate
  • Like 1