What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Select items from one of Edinburgh's finest Indian restaurants procured, ferried home and now sitting in the freezer ready to be defrosted for Heebie-Jeebies Tuesday.

I remember you doing this last year, it’s a stroke of genius. 

We’re staying in a hotel in Bath on Monday so will be getting room service as my brain finds it’s way back to normality.

May as well join in as I’ve been reading so long 😊 Did some exercise, aired out my sleeping bag, sorted some outfits and backed up my phone ready to try out my new Vodafone SIM card. Feeling quite smug… would normally be leaving everything for next weekend.

Not long now! 👏🏼

Not posted in ages, but started reading the excitement in here a couple of weeks ago. Getting excited and trying to be a bit organised this weekend. Haven't been since 2017 so a lot of my gear needs checking and a few repairs needed. 

Today I've repaired two of my tent poles that have splintered. Also ordered a few bits for the camp site and for putting finishing touches to outfits

Watched Glastonbury after hours.

Has totally recentered me, it's not about who's on my clashfinder and whether I catch Elton (spoiler alert... I will!) And so on.

It's about a week of pushing boundaries, escaping marketing, full throttle expression and making meaningful (if brief) connections.

Has also made it clear that  that 9 times out of 10 I think @Skip997 is right.

all my own opinions, not meaning to deny someone else's experience etc etc.

had a totally productive week in prep for my first time on the farm... excitement increasing daily...

sorted hiking boots, heavy duty trolley, purchased new shorts, and sorted a packing list,

need to air out / MOT / clean tent but there is no wind today and just what feels like 30c sun right now so that has been relegated to the week -- alongside gathering misc camping stuff from loft and a trip to Uniqlo / decathlon for bag / rain jacket (to appease weather gods)... will maybe purchase the MOTH espresso martinis too and some LOOP ear protection (if anyone has any recs or thoughts, I'm all ears 😉 )

Might go to Sainsburys to purchase a few bits and pieces.

But I want to travel light

So I must not buy too much 

Would love to make it in with one trip from the car

But I like my big air bed and giant sleeping bag

And food and drink prices are going to be high

So maybe I should buy some more cans

Eeeeeerggh..

Hard to know whats best.

4 hours ago, harryy said:

had a totally productive week in prep for my first time on the farm... excitement increasing daily...

sorted hiking boots, heavy duty trolley, purchased new shorts, and sorted a packing list,

need to air out / MOT / clean tent but there is no wind today and just what feels like 30c sun right now so that has been relegated to the week -- alongside gathering misc camping stuff from loft and a trip to Uniqlo / decathlon for bag / rain jacket (to appease weather gods)... will maybe purchase the MOTH espresso martinis too and some LOOP ear protection (if anyone has any recs or thoughts, I'm all ears 😉 )

Highly recommend both Moth cocktails and Loops quiet to get some sleep  

• Upvote 1