Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

Saw them in Norwich this week and thought they were really good, didnt play either of the songs mentioned above unfortunately, not sure why if they they were planning to play them at G, they would have gone down a treat. I have never thought they were the most engaging of bands but that's fine, that's the way they are, but the crowd were well up for it and loved it, helped by the massively crowd pleasing Hives before. I think they will go down a treat at G, even better than there last Glasto sets to be honest

Was trying to avoid the spoilers, but it popped up on my "for you" part of Twitter. We just need them to combine the opening songs they've done

On the atmosphere, I literally overheard someone on the train today saying "it'd have been fine if they played a lot from The Car but they just played a load of sh*t I'm not bothered about". Not sure everyone is as into the old stuff as we'd imagine on here

14 hours ago, briddj said:

Two feet first straight in with A Certain Romance tonight.

Seeing them tomorrow (tonight). I've honestly dreamed of hearing this for weeks and have religiously been checking the setlists. Just home from another gig and have seen it. A teeny weeny bit optimistic I'll hear it tomorrow and I'll be a whole lot gutted if I don't considering that they are switching up the opener 

Edited by Digi

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Surprised people are so buzzing for a certain romance always thought it was one of the weakest songs a good album

It's just really nostalgic for many I think. It was personally a song I'd listen to on the way to school, just feels like a song I grew up with.

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

On the atmosphere, I literally overheard someone on the train today saying "it'd have been fine if they played a lot from The Car but they just played a load of sh*t I'm not bothered about". Not sure everyone is as into the old stuff as we'd imagine on here

Interesting. I admire this for being a unique take for what most people assumed given the two camps of Arctics fans I recognise the most are those who love the first 2 LPs more than the rest and those who love AM the most.

... he said, being one who wants a rerun of that 2010 gig where they did Humbug and all it's B-sides in full.

16 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Saw them in Norwich this week and thought they were really good, didnt play either of the songs mentioned above unfortunately, not sure why if they they were planning to play them at G, they would have gone down a treat. I have never thought they were the most engaging of bands but that's fine, that's the way they are, but the crowd were well up for it and loved it, helped by the massively crowd pleasing Hives before. I think they will go down a treat at G, even better than there last Glasto sets to be honest

Were we at the same gig? The crowd were f**king awful, nobody appeared to even know who the Hives were and it took until the encore before anyone seemed to gain any AM enthusiasm. 

I did have a great time regardless though and it sealed the deal that I will go and see them again rather than Hot Chip. 

45 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Lovely surprise opening with a certain romance on Sheffield night 1, thinking they could open with when the sun goes down tonight. Then hopefully play both at glastonbury

And they start with Brianstorm, id feel

a bit hard done by unless there’s a surprise later on

20 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Was trying to avoid the spoilers, but it popped up on my "for you" part of Twitter. We just need them to combine the opening songs they've done

Think this is a fair shout. They’ll have a lot of fans who just know them from AM onwards

3 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Ritz to the rubble tonight. Glasto setlist could be insane 

Think I've knackered my back jumping up and down on hearing the opening bars. I've seen them a good few times over the years - tonight was probably my favourite seeing them. The band are really tight, Alex's voice really strong and the setlist just flows really well. The sound was absolutely perfect. 

I was at Courteeners last night at Heaton Park. The 2 gigs were chalk and cheese. Liam et al could learn a thing from them. I mean, last night was a great singalong but totally mediocre in comparison 

Even more gutted I'm ticketless now 

Edited by Digi