Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No Mardy Bum to open tonight’s show - just straight in to Brianstorm. Wonder if they’re gonna be playing another older song later in the set instead or they’ve just decided to bin off any fan service already. 

c**ts.  And I say that as a Sheffielder and life long fan.

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

They are a tad annoying aren't they. 

I guess as arguably already one of the world's biggest acts they don't need to have mad setlist skills, big stage personality/presence and any flourishes live but my GOD they'd be f**king ACES if they did.

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

c**ts.  And I say that as a Sheffielder and life long fan.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it brought back for Glastonbury tbh, now that it’s somewhat in rotation. Seems like a good way to get the crowd going from the get go, even if what comes after is just a standard set.

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'm not the biggest AM fan so don't know lots of their catalogue but is My Propeller really the one to bring back? 

Sounds very middling to me. 

70M streams on Spotify.  3rd highest on the album.  I kind of like it in a sleazy-slinky kind of way, but not a fave by any means.  I guess their fans love it though.

19 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Seems to be a “thing” to do these days. I was watching the Springsteen setlist building up the other day and it was actually quite funny to see what people were posting.

I've gone from finding it quite fun to kinda annoying. Was being done years ago though quite a lot so I'm surprised to see it's still a regular thing.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Clashfinder says 90 mins but I'd have though a headliner of their stature with 7 albums under their belt would be doing 2hrs easy?  The Beths did just over 90 mins in Manchester on Sunday FFS!

They've been doing a 90 mins 18+3 setlist since Suck it and See in 2011. Feels like they're wedded to it as a flow and pattern, but agreed. They've totally got enough material to do a 2hr set.

At the very least I thought they might do one with two encores.

Listening to the Brizzle setlist as a playlist I think it's missing 3 songs: -

• A Certain Romance
  • Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
  • I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am

Chuck those in, a tight 2 hours and that is solid gold my friends. (crosses fingers).

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Listening to the Brizzle setlist as a playlist I think it's missing 3 songs: -

• A Certain Romance
  • Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
  • I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am

Chuck those in, a tight 2 hours and that is solid gold my friends. (crosses fingers).

Id kill for when the sun goes down but doesn't seem likely. 

Or from the ritz to the rubble. 

Edited by Xeph1995

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'm not the biggest AM fan so don't know lots of their catalogue but is My Propeller really the one to bring back? 

Sounds very middling to me. 

One thing I was gutted not to get on the 2014 AM Tour was the Knee Socks into My Propeller duo as the transition was very good.

I prefer Pretty Visitors to My Propeller (indeed it's one of my favourite AM tracks full stop) but given that as an album track has been a staple for all bar a few runs here & there since its 2009 release, I can see why they'd wanna give it a rest.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I guess as arguably already one of the world's biggest acts they don't need to have mad setlist skills, big stage personality/presence and any flourishes live but my GOD they'd be f**king ACES if they did.

Not always been impressed with them live before, but they nailed it at Ashton Gate on Monday. They were up for it and had much more presence than normal. A really great gig from them.

22 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That Coventry setlist smashed Bristols by including Cornerstone. That run from  Why'd you only call me to Mardy Bum is great.

Maybe in isolation, but dropping Mardy Bum (and to a much lesser extent My Propellor) out of the blue was better. Also I've seen Cornerstone a lot more times than Suck it And See. 

19 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Maybe in isolation, but dropping Mardy Bum (and to a much lesser extent My Propellor) out of the blue was better. Also I've seen Cornerstone a lot more times than Suck it And See. 

ANd that's good, because Suck it an see pales in comparison. Their best song between albums FWN and AM for. You could just dismiss Sick It and See for me completely really.

9 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id kill for when the sun goes down but doesn't seem likely. 

Or from the ritz to the rubble. 

If they added ritz, sun goes down and a certain romance they’d have themselves a setlist.

90 min set is pathetic for a band their size and when tickets are £75-£80