Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Had been debating out of Manc, London and Bristol - decided to go with Bristol. Will be about 8 of us. Love the city and easy to get to from Black Country area! Go up early and enjoy King Street before going on to the gig. I don't think I've ever been to a gig at a football ground before. Probably go for standing. 

Been to a few gigs at Ashton Gate most recently Elton John. For a stadium gig it's really good venue...loads of toilets and bars easy to get in and out of and the sounds usually pretty good.

33 minutes ago, dccool said:

Been to a few gigs at Ashton Gate most recently Elton John. For a stadium gig it's really good venue...loads of toilets and bars easy to get in and out of and the sounds usually pretty good.

That's great to hear! Did you enjoy Reginald? Seeing him in May in Manchester, couple of days after the AM Bristol gig so that'll be a corking week. Saw him in 2016 for the first time and I was overwhelmed, had been desperate to see him for a long time. This time it'll be with my brother and we're lifelong fans. His music would often be played in our house growing up, so I cannot bloody wait.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:10 PM, chickenfire said:

Kendrick Lamar played Bellahouston on a Wednesday night, so it's definitely possible for the gigs to be spread out a bit more over that weekend. 

Bellahouston might also be the worst place in Glasgow for a gig but that's another story. 

Woah woah woah. Gigs I've been to at bella have been enjoyably loud. Less mither getting beer than Trnsmt or Hampden. And I'm in Renfrew so can walk home. Don't knock Bella.

Not sure if this is anything new, I know everyone has been expecting them to headline the Friday night but first time I've seen a report about then.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/arctic-monkeys/reportedly-signed-headline-glastonbury-2023/

Edited by gazzared

On 9/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, mynameismatt said:

Might have been covered but anyone know whether a stadium tour in Europe is likely, or whether they’ll stick to the festivals and arenas there? Given their patchy live reputation think I’d be more likely to make a weekend of seeing somewhere nice instead of paying loads for the Emirates. 

Do they have a patchy liv rep?  Not trolling.  Curious as to what folk's opinions are.  I lived pretty close to Finsbury park when they played it, but I was on holiday, was close to TRNSMT when they played it, but was on holiday. Haven't seen them live for about a decade.  Saw TLSP and was pretty underwhelmed.  Tranquility Base is my fave of their albums though.  Real artistic progression imo.  I currently live a mile from Bellahouston Park so will probably get a few tickets.

49 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Do they have a patchy liv rep?  Not trolling.  Curious as to what folk's opinions are.  I lived pretty close to Finsbury park when they played it, but I was on holiday, was close to TRNSMT when they played it, but was on holiday. Haven't seen them live for about a decade.  Saw TLSP and was pretty underwhelmed.  Tranquility Base is my fave of their albums though.  Real artistic progression imo.  I currently live a mile from Bellahouston Park so will probably get a few tickets.

Of the 10 times I've seen them, only twice I've come away a little disappointed, one of which being Finsbury, though the sound quality in general (including Tame Impala's beforehand) sounded terrible from where we were.

Some people mistake "they sound shit live" with "they played a few slower tracks I don't like".

I saw Tranq tour and the stuff of that album sounded excellent.

Despite people seemingly expecting Turner to do front flips on stage otherwise it looks like he "doesn't want to be there", his enthusiasm has barely changed over the 15 years. 

Cannot wait until the new album!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yup. My house in Renfrew for one. I can put up with a lot for good/loud sound. I’m already resigned to the tinnitus.

Yeah I am in the west end and can always hear it. I remember hearing foo fighters pretty loud. I know it isn't far away really and doesn't necessarily mean the sound is great at the venue but ive been a  few times and its been good.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

AM now doing Malahide Castle instead of Marlay Park for the Dublin date, not too sure why.

Nothing has been specifically said. Apparently means a smaller venue, although I'm not as familiar with Dublin venue sizes.

Could well end up with just selling out quicker.

Edited by charlierc

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I didn’t sign up to presale.

Meant more so I can prepare for Friday, I was gonna bail if it was too extortionate.

I wonder if the logic is that if you get through to actually buy tickets then the cost will be almost irrelevant and a £10/20 hike on what you were expecting would be ignored? They’ve also added to the hype with the ticket restrictions. 

This true?

From the Manchester Evening News

Being as early as possible is the best way to ensure you get tickets, as the pre-sale queues are expected to get busy. 

The amount of people who join the online queue will also have an affect on the ticket prices, we won't know until sales open just how much tickets will cost but in line with the 'demandbased pricing' system, the price goes up the more people are on the website.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Nothing has been specifically said. Apparently means a smaller venue, although I'm not as familiar with Dublin venue sizes.

Could well end up with just selling out quicker.

20k at Malahide, 40k at Marlay. Strange one indeed. I'm sure the demand would have been there at Marlay. 

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

20k at Malahide, 40k at Marlay. Strange one indeed. I'm sure the demand would have been there at Marlay. 

without a doubt - its now 20k tickets for all of Ireland!

30 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Yep presale is on See.

I’ve bought a lot of tickets off there recently and not seen any dynamic pricing yet so would be surprised but who knows! 

seems silly to limit people to 4 tickets just to use dynamic pricing. i guess it keeps ALL money from dynamic for the artist and doesn't just pass some on. highly doubt seetickets will use dynamic pricing anyway

My theory is that they are now going to do a Belfast show at Belsonic which holds 20k. That will even out the 40k total for the island. People who are booked to play at Malahide Castle tend to play Belsonic (not always) as seen through Paolo Nutini and Florence and the Machine this year.