LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Pretty sure there was also a stage just outside the woods … here 

IMG_8541.jpeg

Yes there was. The Bragster was there at one point. I think it was a Tolpuddle themed stage with lots of folk songs about the struggles of agricultural workers 

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'll go first. Acts you'll know: 3. Acts you'll watch: 0.

Depends on definition of know. I've often heard of quite a few but never actually heard them.

Bring back The Gully! I saw a couple of acts there.

In 2023, 20 areas had announcements on the official website prior to the full line-up being published on May 30th.

So far in 2024 we have had 6. That means 1 announcement every 2.14 days throughout May. PLUS there are some smaller areas that announce independently &, most importantly, the map.

Areas still to come:

Croissant Neuf

Leftfield

Theatre & Circus

Carhenge

The Common

Woodsies

Arcadia

Unfairground

Glasto Latino

The Park

Kidzfield

Pilton Palais

Strummerville

Block 9

The map is the big one for me now, hoping to see some of the camping reshuffled. Hoping the extension to Wicket Ground that was introduced last year is removed, there was absolutely no need for it.

The map is a big one for me too, hoping pylon ground is reopened to general camping. Didn’t get tickets last year but  We’ve always camped there and I fear we will get lost forever if we dont have our usual place haha

Edited by Starscreenbass
  • Like 1

Being spoilt for announcements this week! Didn't expect 3 big ones in a row. Loving it, thinking they might be doing this to fit in some extra ones before the big lineup drop. I wonder if we'll get maybe like a separate announcement for a big stage like the Other or Pyramid. Could be one for Williams Green maybe too.

Announcements seem to be coming quicker than they have in previous years, so they must be planning more big ones to fill the next couple of weeks!

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Never thought I would say this but they need to calm it right down. They're too quick for me to sit with them.

I do always remember there being a flurry of announcements early May in previous years, and then it calms down a bit

On 4/30/2024 at 9:45 AM, Starscreenbass said:

The map is a big one for me too, hoping pylon ground is reopened to general camping. Didn’t get tickets last year but  We’ve always camped there and I fear we will get lost forever if we dont have our usual place haha

Don't bank on it.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Being spoilt for announcements this week! Didn't expect 3 big ones in a row. Loving it, thinking they might be doing this to fit in some extra ones before the big lineup drop. I wonder if we'll get maybe like a separate announcement for a big stage like the Other or Pyramid. Could be one for Williams Green maybe too.

Announcements seem to be coming quicker than they have in previous years, so they must be planning more big ones to fill the next couple of weeks!

I  actually think they are planning to put out the entire lineup with set times earlier this year. Week or two early maybe.

8 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I  actually think they are planning to put out the entire lineup with set times earlier this year. Week or two early maybe.

I think it's due Tuesday 28th - Thursday 30th May.

They've still got enough for 5 announcements a week until the lineup is out.

This week: The Common

w/c 6th May: New map, Theatre & Circus, Kidzfield, Poetry & Words, Glasto Latino

w/c 13th May: Croissant Neuf, Arcadia, Deluxe Diner & Rocket Lounge, Block9, 1 extra stage like Other/Pyramid

w'c 20th May: Strummerville, Pilton Palais, Unfairground, The Park, CarHenge

w/c 27th May: Full lineup

34 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Yeah would tie in with Emily's comments way back, and getting stage splits on the initial poster etc. 

37 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

2 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Yeah would tie in with Emily's comments way back, and getting stage splits on the initial poster etc. 

There is a rumour that the mini-guides have been totally scrapped this year so maybe that's why they want the full line up + times out earlier, so that people can print/save their own clashfinders etc.