LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I'm not really dissapointed. For people that have been before, which is most on here I can't imagine that the lack of an Elton John / Macca / Rolling Stones / Taylor Swift detracts that much? If there is one, there's usually one act in the whole line-up of that stature, amongst the thousands of other things on offer. The hype surrounding one of those acts has no bearing on my enjoyment of the festival.

The weather on the other hand... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

I'm not really dissapointed. For people that have been before, which is most on here I can't imagine that the lack of an Elton John / Macca / Rolling Stones / Taylor Swift detracts that much? If there is one, there's usually one act in the whole line-up of that stature, amongst the thousands of other things on offer. The hype surrounding one of those acts has no bearing on my enjoyment of the festival.

The weather on the other hand... 

Agreed

I have to bite my tongue when people get frustrated there is not a big legacy act on the poster.  It definitely triggers me a little.

Very small pool of acts like this that could even be in  consideration . 

Should be considered a big positive when they can score on of them. 

But should not count against the festival when they cant. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Says the person who randomly accused me of mansplaining without reason or merit. 

Have a nice day, can't be bothered with this - you still didn't answer my question - and I'm sure it's not what people want to read either. 

Oh, there was definitely reason and merit. That was a classic mansplain if ever I saw one. And I don't have to answer your question, even though you inherently think I should, like you're my boss or something. All I was saying was the build up isn't as exciting this year. I'm a woman expressing a feeling if that's ok.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Oh, there was definitely reason and merit. That was a classic mansplain if ever I saw one. And I don't have to answer your question, even though you inherently think I should, like you're my boss or something. All I was saying was the build up isn't as exciting this year. I'm a woman expressing a feeling if that's ok.

yeah bye now. 

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Agreed

I have to bite my tongue when people get frustrated there is not a big legacy act on the poster.  It definitely triggers me a little.

Very small pool of acts like this that could even be in  consideration . 

Should be considered a big positive when they can score on of them. 

But should not count against the festival when they cant. 

Taking aside the lack of a genuinely unique heritage act on the line-up (which we can probably assume this year would have been Madonna), its the disappointing undercard that's the bigger issue.  The same top 3 would be easier to swallow with more consistency overall.

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I hope Mr Eavis's health is ok. I was thinking, if Emily is caring for/spending time with him, maybe the build up to the festival will be a little different. It's probably wrong for me to speculate on that, but he's an old fella now. Sometimes things have to change a bit when family situations crop up.

He was fine when I spoke to him last Sunday

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

He was fine when I spoke to him last Sunday

That's good to know. I've only met him a couple of times, but he's such a lovely guy and deserves all the good things that come his way.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Taking aside the lack of a genuinely unique heritage act on the line-up (which we can probably assume this year would have been Madonna), its the disappointing undercard that's the bigger issue.  The same top 3 would be easier to swallow with more consistency overall.

I think the undercard is amazing, some really some exciting acts in there. Alongside a fair amount of regular favourites. 

Absolutely 0 complaints from me on undercard front.

Maybe its time to turn a disappointment with the undercard Into a expansion of musical horizons 

Edited by Ben7amin_

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think the undercard is amazing, some really some exciting acts in there. Alongside a fair amount of regular favourites. 

Absolutely 0 complaints from me on undercard front.

Maybe its time to turn a disappointment with the undercard Into a expansion of musical horizons 

Folk aren't disappointed by the line up because of the unfamiliar names. It's because of all the familiar ones.

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Folk aren't disappointed by the line up because of the unfamiliar names. It's because of all the familiar ones.

I mean it's got some of both tonnes of new acts on the line up. 

Folk are disappointed because folk love to pick fault and moan its hobby for some. Whatever is on the poster every year will generate some discontent.

Tonnes of people dont go ever years so get excited about seeing a lot of these regular acts. 

In a year with two fresh headliners as well as a load of other new acts I'd also say complaining about the returning acts seems like moaning for sake of moaning.

You guarantee that post festival you will have had your fill of amazing exciting music. 

Edited by Ben7amin_

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. I'll crack on as is thanks. 

Folk have got every right to comment critically on something that's cost them a fortune.

And I wont stop you. 

I wish I could you seem to reply to everything I post on  here with something negative. 

Would it be ok if I playfully refer to you as Caledonian Buzzkill from now on?

Edited by Ben7amin_

I find it really interesting that some of the changes from the last couple years seem to get set aside. Things like moving BBC introducing to its own field and adding a couple of smaller stages next to it. Shangri-la got a complete redesign last year with a new stage, no-where, and the whole supermarket theme with a couple of secret venues added back in. 

They're actually quite big changes when you think about, what's the reason they haven't quite landed with people?

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I find it really interesting that some of the changes from the last couple years seem to get set aside. Things like moving BBC introducing to its own field and adding a couple of smaller stages next to it. Shangri-la got a complete redesign last year with a new stage, no-where, and the whole supermarket theme with a couple of secret venues added back in. 

They're actually quite big changes when you think about, what's the reason they haven't quite landed with people?

Demographics? Folk in here tend not to be Silver Hayes super-users so that area d@bbing up hasn't resonated in the same way as e.g. William's Green disappearing.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not intentional.  Rarely look at who I'm responding to in a given conversation.

Lol ok then, I'm not a regular poster but do I normally expect your reply 30 seconds later whenever I post lol.

Il let you of in any case 

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

Lol ok then, I'm not a regular poster but do I normally expect your reply 30 seconds later whenever I post lol.

Il let you of in any case 

You’re obviously the yin to his yang

ok so my thoughts on this year , has also seemed at points a little flat , but I was reminded of the fact that with the levels of obsession on here , surprises are a bit less common than they have been previously . I quite like the fact at times we got unexpected poster drops , names not talked about in terms of rumours that appeared on the poster . Thats obviously not changing but I like the fact at times ive got to dive into the works changing room when I get a ping of a notification .... the it is coming at 8am or whenever removes that buzz 

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

You’re obviously the yin to his yang

Haha probably I am sometimes aware my ability to look at basically any festival line up and find the positives sometimes irks those who look at things the half empty way.

Fully enjoyed getting to know some new acts from the first poster. 

I'm on 27 acts I like and counting!!!

Just enjoying listening to self confirmed Dr Meaker.

6 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Post-pandemic ennui imo. Things just seem a little less special in general these days. 

Why though? People just feeling a little less confident in life? I think you might be on to something but it’s a hard feeling to quantify 

26 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Haha probably I am sometimes aware my ability to look at basically any festival line up and find the positives sometimes irks those who look at things the half empty way.

Fully enjoyed getting to know some new acts from the first poster. 

I'm on 27 acts I like and counting!!!

Just enjoying listening to self confirmed Dr Meaker.

I worked out that there was more than half the acts announced that I certainly wouldn't object to seeing so I am right there with you in my glass half full status.

After some rubbish news recently I count as a positive the fact that I am well enough to go and enjoy dancing away on that wonderful farm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I think it's just cos the lineup so far is a bit pish tbh

Me and my mates are all v happy with the lineup this year (a lot more names for us than on the 1st poster last year), but still feel a bit flat on it generally.  
Hopefully once the sun comes out it will seem like more of a reality - In exactly 3 months, most of us will be enjoying our first wander around! 🤩 

• Like 1