LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

they'll get all 3 headliners right just like they did last year

get back to me when they've thirty years of getting it right.

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

How many guesses do they get? 

Well it's a changing picture isn't it. It's clear people don't sign till late hence why we ended up with GnR last year. People are in the know and get good info. That info can change though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

get back to me when they've thirty years of getting it right.

You don't have that record either. When I first joined in 2013/14 you got stuff right but not long after that your info dried up and was often wrong. Coldplay 2015 (?) springs to mind. 

It's not an exact science, but sources that have proven themselves in the know like Roughbloke should be listened to.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

You don't have that record either. When I first joined in 2013/14 you got stuff right but not long after that your info dried up and was often wrong. Coldplay 2015 (?) springs to mind. 

It's not an exact science, but sources that have proven themselves in the know like Roughbloke should be listened to.

I was sometimes wrong butong much more right than wrong. I was sometimes right nine months before the festival. ive learnt not to listen to people without a history of right cos there's always lots whosay they know ut dont people who live in pilton are notoriously bad over the years  ive heard so many (the word in  pilton is...) stories. never been right.

Anyone can get the head liners right!

I think you will find they are all mentioned in my post. 

Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Blur, Pulp Madonna, Kylie, Kings Of Leon, Queen, Foals, Wolf Alice, Young Fathers, Pink, Blue, Greenday, Orange Sim Card, Little Simz, The Boss,  Rhianna, Foo Fighters, Dave, David Brent, David Copperfield,  Resurrected David Bowie, Ghost, Tupac hologram, U2, Three Blind Mice, Four Tet, Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, Ice Spice, Vanilla Ice, O Rod, Michael Eavis, Muse, Noel/ Liam pretending it's a new band but still playing Oasis songs, Radohead, Radiohead side project, Florence and or the machine, Harry Styles, Prince Harry,  Chase and or Status, Adele, Hewlet Packard, Sleep Token,  REM, ELO, OPM, Killers, Apologetic Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Beans On Toast, Eminem, Beyonce, Fred, Kanye, Fred Again. 

53 minutes ago, Neil said:

I was sometimes wrong butong much more right than wrong. I was sometimes right nine months before the festival. ive learnt not to listen to people without a history of right cos there's always lots whosay they know ut dont people who live in pilton are notoriously bad over the years  ive heard so many (the word in  pilton is...) stories. never been right.

Roughbloke was spot on last year though. Sure we can all agree on that!

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Roughbloke was spot on last year though. Sure we can all agree on that!

He was right the booking was ridiculous, so ridiculous Emily has a story to cover it. end of an era not a mega headliner.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

He was right the booking was ridiculous, so ridiculous Emily has a story to cover it. end of an era not a mega headliner.

We’ve all got over it and managed to continue with life.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Well it's a changing picture isn't it. It's clear people don't sign till late hence why we ended up with GnR last year. People are in the know and get good info. That info can change though.

What happened with Guns N Roses last year? And who was tipped to headline before they were announced? 

Also I see on the Discord that everyone seems to be talking about SZA headlining now. Did that rumour come from someone who'd be considered in the know? 

1 minute ago, LeFreak said:

What happened with Guns N Roses last year? And who was tipped to headline before they were announced? 

It was one of Taylor or Rihanna, possibly Taylor and then Rihanna, who were apparently pencilled in first but changed plans which lead us to GnR. 

10 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It was one of Taylor or Rihanna, possibly Taylor and then Rihanna, who were apparently pencilled in first but changed plans which lead us to GnR. 

And praise the Lord for that.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stuie said:

We’ve all got over it and managed to continue with life.

and struggled to book suitable headliners the next year.