LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I had a weird dream last night where I was watching TV and the BBC were showing adverts that then said 'line up 5 days to go 08:00' - which to me meant 8am this Friday! 

(Of course it won't be)

Don’t think you’ll be a million miles away with this … either Fri Mon or Tue would be my thoughts 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm pretty sure Glastonbury have announced on the same day as other festivals in the past, I don't think it makes any difference to them.

Is there a more likely day of the week, based on precedence? I have it in my head, probably mistakenly, Tuesday has been good to us in the past. 

Edit: TINP, of course.

Edited by Joey Peeps

3 hours ago, Tables innit said:

Green Man announcing lineup on 1st March. Wonder if this will factor in to an announcement fro the farm (more/less likely)?

Green Man have announced their lineup on the 1st March in recent years, Glastonbury have announced their lineup on the first Friday in March in recent years, this is the first year these dates happen to be on the same day. I doubt either festival minds.

I still think there's a good chance it's this week, and if it isn't by the time Friday comes around then we can be sure we'll get it on the 8th!

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Why are we sticking to Fridays ? Could be any day of the week 

Yep, personally I'd say Friday (any Friday) is unlikely on the basis that the Festival seem to actively veer away from patterns when they start to emerge.

48 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Is there a more likely day of the week, based on precedence? I have it in my head, probably mistakenly, Tuesday has been good to us in the past. 

Edit: TINP, of course.

Line-up announcements since 2000 have come on...

Sun: 6

Mon: 28

Tue: 61

Wed: 48

Thu: 25

Fri: 60

Sat: 5

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Line-up announcements since 2000 have come on...

Sun: 6

Mon: 28

Tue: 61

Wed: 48

Thu: 25

Fri: 60

Sat: 5

Tomorrow then? 

4 hours ago, Tables innit said:

Green Man announcing lineup on 1st March. Wonder if this will factor in to an announcement fro the farm (more/less likely)?

there won't be a link between glasto's announcement any any other announcements. if both things happen on the same day it'll just be a co-incidence.

glasto will have chosen a random date from the calendar at a point where bookers will be expected to have finished their work, ist march is a nice solid date if a date has to be chosen. so i wouldn't be too surprised if that ends up being the date (FYI: i know nothing and am just chatting random thoughts.)

41 minutes ago, incident said:

WOMAD + Wilderness on Wednesay

Beat Herder on Thursday

Green Man on Friday.

This week is out.

I did a look back as far as 2017, Glastonbury have announced on the same day as other festivals (mainly small ones like Barn on The Farm and Wychwood) most years. In 2017 they announced on the same day as Womad.

46 minutes ago, incident said:

WOMAD + Wilderness on Wednesay

Beat Herder on Thursday

Green Man on Friday.

This week is out.

theres no link or avoidance with other festivals announcements.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I did a look back as far as 2017, Glastonbury have announced on the same day as other festivals (mainly small ones like Barn on The Farm and Wychwood) most years. In 2017 they announced on the same day as Womad.

Just checked, and 2017 was up against the second WOMAD announcement rather than the main reveal.

Edit: for clarity, the point I'm making here is that WOMAD (and the other festivals I named) organisers will likely be aware if Glastonbury are intending to announce anything this week. The fact they all feel comfortable scheduling their own announcement for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday means they'll be comfortable they're not going to get massively overshadowed.

Edited by incident

Just now, incident said:

Just checked, and 2017 was up against the second WOMAD announcement rather than the main reveal.

Ah, right. Didn't they announce the same day as Latitude or another similar sized one before? I vaguely remember the discussions but can't find anything. Probably not the 1st drop for them though?

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Ah, right. Didn't they announce the same day as Latitude or another similar sized one before? I vaguely remember the discussions but can't find anything. Probably not the 1st drop for them though?

Not sure tbh - but generally speaking any announcement in late March or April (as was the earliest we had prior to a couple years ago) would have been be later than any other festivals first go around. It used to be the norm that Glastonbury came substantially* later than anything else.

*a good month or so.