LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

20 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

This looks great - really excited for Silver Hayes this year, not just a great line up, but some thought going into making the area interesting.

That's it. I think with this kind of thing happening, Woodsies as well, I hope there's greater competition to the Park and William's Green. Even though I still think WG, the area, will be a very popular place to be this festival Wed evening and Thurs.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I really wish they were selling actual mushrooms in there, or can I just eat the walls?

Do you remember when you used to be able to buy those special 'highly flavorful' mushrooms in any old head-shop?

Great Days!

Just now, Supermerv said:

Do you remember when you used to be able to buy those special 'highly flavorful' mushrooms in any old head-shop?

Great Days!

remember that weird period when it was legal to buy and grow actual magic mushrooms and you could pop into just about any place in the market and, legally, buy mushrooms?

it was something to do with them only being illegal if they were dried out or something like that?

anyways - fun times!

2 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

Great Days!

Yeah, it's crazy thinking about it now going in and freely picking them and putting them in a little paper bag. There was one at my uni town, albeit in the sex shop. Guy in there was great, loved sharing his knowledge of them.

Remember buying shrooms in a little stripy sweet paper bag at Reading Festival in 2003 or '04.

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

remember that weird period when it was legal to buy and grow actual magic mushrooms and you could pop into just about any place in the market and, legally, buy mushrooms?

it was something to do with them only being illegal if they were dried out or something like that?

anyways - fun times!

Yeah, 2005 they were all over the site. By 2007 the law had been changed and they were gone.

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

anyways - fun times!

I remember something like there was a loophole if they were going to be used for decorative purposes or something.

"I was only buying them to spruce me tent up a bit!"

21 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah, 2005 they were all over the site. By 2007 the law had been changed and they were gone.

I bought some on the Thursday night in 2005 when I was walking through the dance tent field (as it was back then).....made for an interesting evening!

A few years ago here in Ireland, they accidently legalised stuff like mushrooms, ecstasy and ketamine for about 48 hours after a court found that a section of the law prohibiting them was unconstitutional.

Edited by El Weirdo

6 minutes ago, El Weirdo said:

A few years ago here in Ireland, they accidently legalised stuff like mushrooms, ecstasy and ketamine for about 48 hours after a court found that a section of the law prohibiting them was unconstitutional.

That must have been a pretty good couple of days!

1 hour ago, compactdisc said:

Don't think I've seen this yet. This has appeared on the website this morning... which might prevent an area poster today? Although they do seem to be posting both news and posters most days.

Slide-1.jpg

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/silver-hayes-introduces-a-new-artistic-pavilion-for-glastonbury-2023/

This is probably all we're getting today, thinking Block9 tomorrow and full lineup Tuesday.

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Shame.  Had some great times in Chameleon.  Stand out being around 5:00pm one afternoon when the DJ was playing a Rock/Nu Metal set and dropped Killing in the Name.  Whole tent pogoing and singing along instantly.  Fucking great.

It was ace. If that Taphouse can capture those vibes I will see all four of your asses there.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Slightly wrong. In 2005 they were legal and sold openly in shops who advertised them. They were still just about officially legal in 2007 but de facto banned on site, but you could get em if you asked at the kind of shops that sold legal highs poppers and other mad shit.

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Slightly wrong. In 2005 they were legal and sold openly in shops who advertised them. They were still just about officially legal in 2007 but de facto banned on site, but you could get em if you asked at the kind of shops that sold legal highs poppers and other mad shit.

They were made illegal on Monday 18th July 2005. I know this because Ashton Court festival in Bristol was the weekend before and they were practically giving them away on the Sunday.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jul/18/drugsandalcohol.markoliver

They may well have been selling fresh ones on site in 2007 but they were class A drugs at that point.

I think given the "small" announcement of the Mushroom House, or however it's called, I think there could be another small-ish announcement tonight perhaps.

Something new in Woodsies, maybe? An introduction to the people who will be going around the site giving it a spiritual baptism, or more site snaps, something like that.

Then, it's all looking good for Block9 tomorrow and the absolute pain of waiting until Tuesday for the full drop.

With the full line-up announcement, are we talking a full poster, or the actual set times like with the classic blue boxes? Or are they released together?

image.png.7fa8817b58681a75880d263391ca7745.png

image.png.9627a4c372e389344544172e5e714aee.png

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think given the "small" announcement of the Mushroom House, or however it's called, I think there could be another small-ish announcement tonight perhaps.

Something new in Woodsies, maybe? An introduction to the people who will be going around the site giving it a spiritual baptism, or more site snaps, something like that.

Then, it's all looking good for Block9 tomorrow and the absolute pain of waiting until Tuesday for the full drop.

With the full line-up announcement, are we talking a full poster, or the actual set times like with the classic blue boxes? Or are they released together?

image.png.7fa8817b58681a75880d263391ca7745.png

image.png.9627a4c372e389344544172e5e714aee.png

Set times Id say on Tuesday

There's definitely some work going on, the lineup 2022 page is broken for me currently.

Used to (last week) show the full list of stages with set times etc, now just showing the page headline. I reckon they're tinkering away getting the 2023 lineup page ready and have inadvertently broken 2022.

Edited by ManLj
  • Like 1