LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Stanton Warriors posted they’re playing a couple of hours ago despite not being on an announcement today. The guy is in the states and it’s quite possible he’s got his days mixed up so maybe Glade tomorrow? That’s where they played last year.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Stanton Warriors posted they’re playing a couple of hours ago despite not being on an announcement today. The guy is in the states and it’s quite possible he’s got his days mixed up so maybe Glade tomorrow? That’s where they played last year.

Think they played green peace last year. 

On 4/28/2023 at 5:06 PM, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Highly highly recommend the Old Time sailors! They played deva fest last year and play Irish songs and sea shanty’s. Really entertaining!

Absolutely brilliant.  They've been at Farmer Phil's the last two years and I saw them again in a local pub a couple of weeks ago. So energetic and engaging!

Think cos we've had two dance/late night areas back to back with Arcadia and Unfairground, think it's likely we're gonna get something normal. If it's not Kidz which is coming Thurs, and Glade being more dancey, think it's gonna be Acoustic today.

Normie music for good honest normal folk.**

**Or the Park. Forgot about the Park.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think cos we've had two dance/late night areas back to back with Arcadia and Unfairground, think it's likely we're gonna get something normal. If it's not Kidz which is coming Thurs, and Glade being more dancey, think it's gonna be Acoustic today.

I think the Glade.

It should have some live stuff too.

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Very happy with Glade, Acoustic or Park - is there one for greenpeace? 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think the Glade.

It should have some live stuff too.

Yeah, I always thought it had more live stuff too, but looking at the poster from last year (and I'm no aficionado of all the artists on there), thought it had gone more dancey.

I'd be happy with Glade though, there's always something that takes my fancy and it's so close to Other and WH, it makes a great stop off when moving around.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not normally anything publicised by the official, they tend to just announce it themselves.

Ah, is that the distinction about what makes it into the Thingy or not?  or what section of the thingy at least...

Edited by p.pete
added url

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

You know, I have no idea. Do they even have a stage/tent? I only ever remember the polar bear and there being a skatepark/half-pipe, with maybe some DJs in the vicinity!?

Yup, they get some decent smaller acts on there but I don't think I've ever managed to catch any of them, just hear on here of cool things I've missed afterwards