LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Why is that? 

Surely the map is finished by now as they'd need it to be for so many reasons... Site build, App build etc etc.

Do you think they'll want a separate announcement for the rumoured WG change?

Did not take long to get the answer to this did it? 🙈😂

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Was Williams Green the area or the actual stage? I thought it was the stage. If they remove the stage can it still be called Williams Green?

Both.

West Holts is also both the field and the stage. Woodsies is now going to be both a field and a stage, although technically with the stage being in the next field over.

28 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It seems Williams Green has been removed on the 'Areas' tab of the main website, but also, there is no Woodsies there yet either. Potentially, they just don't want to add the names until the changes have been announced. 

Yes, they replaced Williams Green with Car Henge yesterday. I was wondering if Williams Green may reappear when they confirm the demise of Cineramageddon.

Screenshot_20230504_122429_Discord.jpg.49172a6ed8e50c8ad4601adaac9b175a.jpgScreenshot_20230504_122453_Discord.jpg.9ae999b14ee3a55e0952bbe597bd03c6.jpg

43 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I’ve got a feeling in my waters that we will get something today (no reasoning behind this)

We've been treated this week with 3 (or 2, depending how you see it) area announcements - I think that's our lot until Tuesday, but who knows?!

55 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yes, they replaced Williams Green with Car Henge yesterday. I was wondering if Williams Green may reappear when they confirm the demise of Cineramageddon.

Screenshot_20230504_122429_Discord.jpg.49172a6ed8e50c8ad4601adaac9b175a.jpgScreenshot_20230504_122453_Discord.jpg.9ae999b14ee3a55e0952bbe597bd03c6.jpg

Interesting. Could the announce Williams green has moved to where cineramageddon was? would help spread people out a bit. 

So, these are the accouncements from last year apparently, after the resale happened. Crossed out are the ones we've already had or are not gonna get. 

April 12 - Avalon (first announcement)
April 22 - Silver Hayes
April 25 - Glasto Latino
April 26 - Theatre and Circus
April 27 - Arcadia
May 3 - Leftfield
May 4 - Shangri-La
May 6 - The Common
May 11 - Glade
May 12 - Acoustic
May 13 - Croissant Neuf
May 16 - Kidzfield
May 19 - The Park
May 20 - Unfairground
May 24 - West Holts
May 25 - Cineramageddon
May 27 - Block9
May 30 - Full timetable (inc. Pyramid / Other / John Peel)

Things to come out as an announcement could be the map as well as Woodsies. Any other changes or new areas to add?

Given they don't keep releasing stuff right up until the place opens (announcements were finished on May 30th), we could see 13 potential announcements over the next 25 days. Or one every other day. 

Oooorrrr... because everything has been a week or two out of whack with normal years, could be 13 announcements over the next 31 days, going into the first full week of June. About one announcement every three days.

Either way, still a lot to come! 

All dependent on them making the same amount of announcements etc each year. I think on the Glasto Thingy Croissant Neuf had only had its own poster announcement 4 times over the last twenty years or something. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

As a Glastonbury newbie last year, Williams Green was absolutely fantastic. My mate and I found ourselves in that area on the Thursday from Bastille secret set onwards (brass band playing classic hits - can’t recall the acts name/guilty pleasures) and then back there for The Snuts on Sunday.

Absolutely loved the area but hopefully those type of acts are moved elsewhere across the bill as the Thursday was mobbed. Hopefully not just a money saving exercise. 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Interesting. Could the announce Williams green has moved to where cineramageddon was? would help spread people out a bit. 

It said Car Henge was in William's Green which makes it's a bit weird that Car Henge has replaced William's Green on the area menu.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It said Car Henge was in William's Green which makes it's a bit weird that Car Henge has replaced William's Green on the area menu.

Yeah thats what I mean... to just remove it from the areas is strange. Unless its just a mix up

34 minutes ago, ferrerror said:

Got a feeling full line up poster will be post-coronation, either Monday 8th or Tuesday 9th 

It almost certainly won't!

There is no pattern, except that there has been consistency for the last few years of a specific selection of area drops 'always' landing before the full line-up, which has been at the end of May.

Now, if only there was an easily accessible, handy resource to look at this sort of thing in more detail...

Ben

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Cineramageddon was where it was because it was quiet.  Too close to residents for anything too noisy.