LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Glastonbury doesn’t need an organised press strategy because the press comes to them. 

Pretty much my thoughts on it.  If you know whatever goes up on your website will circulate the globe in under a minute, why bother with anything else?

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Pretty much my thoughts on it.  If you know whatever goes up on your website will circulate the globe in under a minute, why bother with anything else?

yeah, they know they don't need a system, so melvin knows there's nothing he can work a system from, and this is all bollocks, cos the speculation someone had a few pages back hasn't happened, so its not how it works.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

If Glastonbury had a fixed plan like other festivals do, they'd be able to send out press releases like other festivals do. Other organised festivals wouldn't choose to undermine that organisation, by relying on Glastonbury chaos for their system. 

Perhaps it’s because unlike most other festivals they don’t have to send out press releases advertising their line-up because they’ve already sold all the tickets!

So rather than send out a press release to all and sundry, they share information with trusted friends of the festival and prominent news organisations?

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

yeah, they know they don't need a system, so melvin knows there's nothing he can work a system from, and this is all bollocks, cos the speculation someone had a few pages back hasn't happened, so its not how it works.

At this point, I don’t have a clue what you’re saying. Because they don’t do press releases they don’t have a system to organise and compile the lineup? These days there’s plenty of available planning and team apps for projects and I don’t see how you can say with confidence that they don’t use such things. It’s just nonsense. 

I would say its a little naive to assume the Glastonbury team don't have a major comms and media plan in place. Of course they do. I think the difference is they have the power to be proactive with their planning and less reactive to what other events are up to. 

There will be major coordination with the likes of the BBC on what is announced and when. Too many partners and stakeholders not to be a least a little bit organised on the press front!

22 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I get the feeling that Neil knows no more or less than anyone else here and his feathered are a little ruffled that he isn’t part of the inner circle who get to know about this stuff. 

Do you understand the meaning behind “stand by your beds”? 

23 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I would say its a little naive to assume the Glastonbury team don't have a major comms and media plan in place. Of course they do. I think the difference is they have the power to be proactive with their planning and less reactive to what other events are up to. 

There will be major coordination with the likes of the BBC on what is announced and when. Too many partners and stakeholders not to be a least a little bit organised on the press front!

Well yeah but I imagine they just drop an email to someone senior at the guardian a few hours in advance saying it’s coming so the guardian can deploy a minion to type it all up as fast as they can.

24 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I get the feeling that Neil knows no more or less than anyone else here and his feathered are a little ruffled that he isn’t part of the inner circle who get to know about this stuff. 

Someone that’s been doing a festival site for minimum of 20 years knows less than me or you ? I believe he lost a big contact from west holts recently but come on ? And yeah of course others know things that’s how it works and how the peices come together …. Like a big jigsaw of knowledge 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well yeah but I imagine they just drop an email to someone senior at the guardian a few hours in advance saying it’s coming so the guardian can deploy a minion to type it all up as fast as they can.

Possibly, but I think some folk still underestimate the scale. Its not just a case of sending out a release but having an active team ready for enquiries that come in as a result. Ensuring spokespeople like Emily are well briefed ahead of interviews (for example, a clear answer on why an all male set of headliners and the many other issues that come up).

5 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Possibly, but I think some folk still underestimate the scale. Its not just a case of sending out a release but having an active team ready for enquiries that come in as a result. Ensuring spokespeople like Emily are well briefed ahead of interviews (for example, a clear answer on why an all male set of headliners and the many other issues that come up).

The backlash is going to be unlike anything we've ever seen before i reckon

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Someone that’s been doing a festival site for minimum of 20 years knows less than me or you ? I believe he lost a big contact from west holts recently but come on ? And yeah of course others know things that’s how it works and how the peices come together …. Like a big jigsaw of knowledge 

Fair enough, I apologise, I could have worded that better.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

so as well as not knowing what you're talking about, you don't have a clue what your point is.

No, I've lost track of what bollocks you're waffling.

Have a good day Neil. 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

The backlash is going to be unlike anything we've ever seen before i reckon

It won't be.

Most of the world doesn't analyse the lineup the way it gets done here. There'll be some chat about no female representation at the top of the bill, but that will only be slightly louder than the general quibbles you get any year. Most people won't care about acts going up, down, or whatever, or whether TikTok thinks they're cool or how many albums they've released in the last year.

For the most part, all of the 3 - yes including GnR - will be seen as "proper" headliner material by the masses. I think the general perception is going to be that overall it's strong.

Certainly nobody is going to start a petition, let alone one that gets proper media coverage - unless of course someone reading this does so mainly to prove me wrong, which admittedly is possible.

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

No, I've lost track of what bollocks you're waffling.

Have a good day Neil. 

I was arguing nack against the bollocks you were waffling. And now youve admitted you were talking bollocks, you can agree that my argument wins. If youve any sanity. 

4 minutes ago, incident said:

It won't be.

Most of the world doesn't analyse the lineup the way it gets done here. There'll be some chat about no female representation at the top of the bill, but that will only be slightly louder than the general quibbles you get any year. Most people won't care about acts going up, down, or whatever, or whether TikTok thinks they're cool or how many albums they've released in the last year.

For the most part, all of the 3 - yes including GnR - will be seen as "proper" headliner material by the masses. I think the general perception is going to be that overall it's strong.

Certainly nobody is going to start a petition, let alone one that gets proper media coverage - unless of course someone reading this does so mainly to prove me wrong, which admittedly is possible.

I'm not convinced, i mean no way will there be a petition that gets traction or some shit but I think generally people would have thought glastonbury were past 3 male headliners

thing that makes it worse is none of them are even a bump up or something

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

I was arguing nack against the bollocks you were waffling. And now youve admitted you were talking bollocks, you can agree that my argument wins. If youve any sanity. 

In your mind, you always win Neil.

Even when you're talking bollocks.