LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

tbh as long as something is pumping out party dance tunes i'm not too fussed.......does it get overly busy?

Not in my experience. I was there for Roger Sanchez in 22 and it was fine. Decent bar and a few places to sit. I'd imagine Norm's set was busy (although I think that was during the day). Like I say, the big crowds tend to miss it and head for the more established late-night areas. Well worth giving it a go for a few hours, maybe not enough to keep you interested all night though

How many more does this leave us and when are we expected full lineup with times etc. based on this expectation? Only cause I’m going to Primavera and want to know whether I should watch Barry Can’t Swim at Glasto instead basically. 

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

How many more does this leave us and when are we expected full lineup with times etc. based on this expectation? Only cause I’m going to Primavera and want to know whether I should watch Barry Can’t Swim at Glasto instead basically. 

Full Line Up with set times will roughly be at the end of the month

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not in my experience. I was there for Roger Sanchez in 22 and it was fine. Decent bar and a few places to sit. I'd imagine Norm's set was busy (although I think that was during the day). Like I say, the big crowds tend to miss it and head for the more established late-night areas. Well worth giving it a go for a few hours, maybe not enough to keep you interested all night though

nice one cheers!

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Rocket Lounge, Arcadia (+ Bug), Block 9, San Remo, GreenFutures, Greenpeace, Map?  

Edited by kemosabe

9 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Rocket Lounge, Arcadia (+ Bug), Block 9, San Remo, GreenFutures, Greenpeace, Map?  

Some of these have previously come after the full line-up. I think last year may have been one of the only years Rocket Lounge did an announcement as well.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Some of these have previously come after the full line-up. I think last year may have been one of the only years Rocket Lounge did an announcement as well.

Yeah think the only announcements left we're pretty much guaranteed are Block9, Arcadia, the map and Pilton Palais. Everything else is a maybe. That's probably enough for next week. Week after next will be the full lineup.

I am thinking there could be 1 more curveball area they'll announce, there's always a new one each year they don't always announce. Like Woodsies last year. I'm thinking something around Carhenge.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah think the only announcements left we're pretty much guaranteed are Block9, Arcadia, the map and Pilton Palais. Everything else is a maybe. That's probably enough for next week. Week after next will be the full lineup.

I am thinking there could be 1 more curveball area they'll announce, there's always a new one each year they don't always announce. Like Woodsies last year. I'm thinking something around Carhenge.

Or just the usual and the full lineup comes up slightly earlier 

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

They did Carhenge last year too, but I'm not sure if that was a one-off to announce the area or not

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was also there in 22 for Rog and also every night in 23 but only noticed the secret bunker behind the stage on the last night.  Could barely hear some music, walked up to a mound of earth and within was a corridor to a hobbit like venue with 2 djs playing jungle.  Marvellous 

Edited by Gwladboy
Fingers
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Was also there in 22 for Rog and also every night in 23 but only noticed the secret bunker behind the stage on the last night.  Could barely hear some music, walked up to a mound of earth and within was a corridor to a hobbit like venue with 2 djs playing jungle.  Marvellous 

I have a very hazy memory of this place(if it existed in 2016). It's drove me had for years as I haven't seen it since.
There was a huge spaceship/rocket close by. Could have been a dream too, can anyone confirm 😃

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

nice one cheers!

Just going back to your earlier post on the Rave Tree, every time I've been there later it's been a mix of House, Disco and 90's/00's dance anthems.  Field erupted when someone dropped Sandstorm by DaRude last year. Proper kicked off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, enquirer said:

Is there not a specific poster for the Pyramid & Other Stage that'll come out?

Nope. Anything else on those two just comes with the full line-up. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just going back to your earlier post on the Rave Tree, every time I've been there later it's been a mix of House, Disco and 90's/00's dance anthems.  Field erupted when someone dropped Sandstorm by DaRude last year. Proper kicked off.

90s/00s anthems is right up my street 😁

16 hours ago, Gwladboy said:

I think they made it official in 2023. It’s called the Rhizosphere. (Shhhhh don’t tell too many😀)

https://bailesandlight.com/project/the-rhizosphere-at-glastonbury/

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/23/line-up-confirmed-for-greenpeace-field-at-glastonbury-2023.shtml

Edited by danbailey80

23 hours ago, foolee said:

I would guess next Friday for the full schedule