LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

As we're now at the 1st Feb, it is the longest we've gone since 2011 without Glastonbury announcing any acts.

Date:   Fest   - Act         
04/10: 2022 - Billy Eilish 
10/10: 2020 - Diana Ross
20/10: 2017 - Radiohead 
24/10: 2003 - REM
15/11: 2019 - Stormzy 
01/11: 2005 - The Undertones & Outcast
23/11: 2010 - U2
30/11: 2015 - Lionel Richie 
02/12: 2023 - Elton John
19/12: 2014 - Arcade Fire
17/01: 2013 - Rokia Traore 
01/02: 2016 - Jeff Lynne's ELO 
01/02: 2008 - Jay-Z
09/02: 2009 - Franz Ferdinand 
11/02: 2011 - Beyoncé
17/02: 2007 - The Killers
03/04: 2000 - Elastic & Super Furry Animals 
05/05: 2004 - The English National Orchestra, RLPO & The Muffin Men
19/06: 2002 - Full Line-up 

Hopefully an announcement ASAP then 

Edited by nikkic

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The last dinner party, missed them this year when they were early on Woodsies. Would love to see them back.

They are very, very, good live. Saw them at End of the Road last year but had been a fan for a while. Did not disappoint. 

I would guess 3rd down at Woodsies

5 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

They are very, very, good live. Saw them at End of the Road last year but had been a fan for a while. Did not disappoint. 

Get them on the Pyramid

(I've never knowingly heard them, but it's gotta be more interesting than some of the ancient MOR acts that people are suggesting)

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

this leaves me conflicted....I don't necessarily want badgers to die but if it is the price I have to pay for Queen not to be booked.....

You are safe in your moral dilemma Queen also don’t want badgers to die! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I reckon Other or Pyramid is more likely as they’ve already played Woodsies and they are on a hell of a trajectory. In July I saw them at The Deaf Institute and this year they are playing Victoria Warehouse! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hi All

I offered to do updates on the eFestival Glastonbury line up & rumours page as it's not been updated much of late, so I'm doing a spreadsheet for them to upload the info as & when. I'll send the first one by tomorrow, see my first efforts attached. We are going to include 'GSH' ones. I'll keep updating from what's posted but if there's ever any errors or obvious omissions please let me know. I've no insider knowledge so I'm simply going by what seems likely or not as posted on here. I hope this is of help to everyone!

Screenshot (130).png

Great idea! Tbh the site just hasn’t been the same since the rumours page when awol. I appreciate no one’s fault so well done for stepping up. 

Should we not keep to the usual r/sr/tbc? 

and deserves its own thread more than anything I believe 

Edited by danbailey80

On 2/1/2024 at 10:05 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Hi All

I offered to do updates on the eFestival Glastonbury line up & rumours page as it's not been updated much of late, so I'm doing a spreadsheet for them to upload the info as & when. I'll send the first one by tomorrow, see my first efforts attached. We are going to include 'GSH' ones. I'll keep updating from what's posted but if there's ever any errors or obvious omissions please let me know. I've no insider knowledge so I'm simply going by what seems likely or not as posted on here. I hope this is of help to everyone!

Screenshot (130).png

Bicep Chroma set very likely as they left a smiling face (or similar) at playing Glasto this year. They usually say if they aren't

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where would they do it? Gas Tower's gone now and Iicon deals in dark and uncompromising niche-ery

Nowhere. 

It has massive wrap screens.