LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

Probably because 2019 he actually did do a secret set in there on Saturday night. Was honestly worth the 2 hours to get in. Best thing of the whole weekend!

Listen to CARL COX - Live from The Rabbit Hole's Funkingham Palace - Glastonbury 2019 by Carl Cox on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/4BN9K

If you hadn't heard it back. 

13 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Only ever queued for London Underground, probably took about 5 minutes, maybe 10 to get in.

The only one of the SE corner indoor-type venues I've done. Queued for maybe 20 mins to see Nicky Blackmarket on the Thursday.

Fun snippet: one of my mates got his timing all wrong and started properly coming up while we were queuing. Watching him hold it together was some of the best fun I had all weekend.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Does the Temple have a toilet in there? Cos I dont want to have to leave & not get back in.

Saturday I coukd sack off the headliners to go this year.

11 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

I think temple has loos, but still no bar

It definitely has loos, but they are the worst-smelling loos in the whole festival.

When I went in them last year they stunk so strongly of come up poos that I genuinely almost vommed. 

Really specific, pilled-up poo smell.

23 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Shame.  Had some great times in Chameleon.  Stand out being around 5:00pm one afternoon when the DJ was playing a Rock/Nu Metal set and dropped Killing in the Name.  Whole tent pogoing and singing along instantly.  Fucking great.

Is there any like for like replacement at all this year? Chameleon was a great failsafe for our group if there was nothing else happening

5 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Surely we have to get the full poster today, if they are really leaving it till the 31st we have like 3 weeks before the festival starts. 

I kinda want to get an idea of what my schedule is going to be soon. 

I was just thinking it's a bit odd that the block 9 announcement was so early.  So maybe it could be there's another announcement.   Maybe the big one.  

But I could just be reading too much into that.  

13 minutes ago, RichieSpenno said:

I was just thinking it's a bit odd that the block 9 announcement was so early.  So maybe it could be there's another announcement.   Maybe the big one.  

But I could just be reading too much into that.  

We are not getting the full line up the same day as Block 9, it’s gonna be Tuesday now

3 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Did Genosys replace London Underground in Block 9? Trying to remember if i have been but my memory is, erm, patchy

Nope, you used to have Genosys the installation, NYC Downlow & London Underground in the same field. Then London Underground went, I think following Grenfell?, and the Genosys set got mouldy over the pandemic so got replaced with the bus.

Edited by MJP
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Barneym said:

We are not getting the full line up the same day as Block 9, it’s gonna be Tuesday now

Seems a bit late to be dropping the full poster next Tuesday but it is what it is, its just the way it's fallen this year with the last weekend being a week early.

Edit: just checked actually and it's not early, Idk it just feels like we've had a full reveal by now. 

Edited by Xeph1995

54 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Surely we have to get the full poster today, if they are really leaving it till the 31st we have like 3 weeks before the festival starts. 

I kinda want to get an idea of what my schedule is going to be soon. 

it was this coming Monday last year, but that was the year it wasn't a bank holiday so would expect Tuesday 

Early drop with Block9 breaking the pretty regular pattern (there is no pattern?!) of dropping posters at midday... 

Seems like they've got something planned. Another smaller drop this afternoon?

Or the full thing, maybe even tomorrow?! It would be nice if they gave us this whole bank holiday weekend to get into it and bore the socks off anyone around us with our excitement.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Like 1