Love the Farm Leave no Trace 2022

Tranquility of Solitude

Spot the full can of beer that I stashed under the ground sheet (to keep cool) Wednesday morning and forgot. 

We were one of about 4 tents last to pack up and bar a few bags of rubbish (not sure why people can’t be bothered to take it to the bin area!) the field appeared spotless. 

42142D52-1989-4AC5-A960-26A158DE16A3.jpeg

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

It does bring to mind a sight I passed every day when leaving or returning the camp, was the saddest fresh and black at Glastonbury.

Right on the corner of Darble, just above the lockup, was a rather sad looking inflatable fresh and black that was in various states of deflated disrepair throughout.  The door was open and a suitcase and some crap was on the floor, but it looked like the owners never returned to it all weekend.  I couldn't understand it, the tent looked brand new, just put up badly and then abandoned.

Wow! That would definitely make me want to wait an hour or so and bring it back myself. I'm not doing bad financially but those things are pricy!

5 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Spot the full can of beer that I stashed under the ground sheet (to keep cool) Wednesday morning and forgot. 

We were one of about 4 tents last to pack up and bar a few bags of rubbish (not sure why people can’t be bothered to take it to the bin area!) the field appeared spotless. 

To be honest I'd doubted the 99% figure Emily has put out but pictures like this one and a few others I've seen on Twitter make me think it may be true.

14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not to sound like a dick but how do they know it's 99%? Does somebody go round with a pen and paper on the Thursday counting how many tents there are? Then someone goes around again on the Tuesday after the festival to count how many is left and work out the percentage that was taken home? 😁

Edited by ProperTea

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

To be honest I'd doubted the 99% figure Emily has put out but pictures like this one and a few others I've seen on Twitter make me think it may be true.

Yeah I was definitely sceptical of that figure but we tend to leave around 8-9am on Monday when there seem to be a lot of tents (and rubbish) left. If the figure is right then it really is exceptional and shows the Leave No Trace message is getting through.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

This was in family camping, which I’m not saying has a better class of clientele, but ya know….we are better. 😄

38 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Not to sound like a dick but how do they know it's 99%? Does somebody go round with a pen and paper on the Thursday counting how many tents there are? Then someone goes around again on the Tuesday after the festival to count how many is left and work out the percentage that was taken home? 😁

They could just send a drone up over a sample of some of the fields, count the patches and remaining tents and make an educated guess. 

Given the picture Emily chose, they definitely use drones. 😉 

7 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Magic Rock Saucery? Definitely beats the Carlsberg!!! 🙂

46 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

The 99% thing is likely bollocks from the same book of eternal Glastonbury announcements like "we've booked next years headliners already"

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

They could just send a drone up over a sample of some of the fields, count the patches and remaining tents and make an educated guess. 

Given the picture Emily chose, they definitely use drones. 😉 

I bet I know the people that love to fly drones…..the same people that love to fly flags. 😝

31 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Yep. I think I’d rather not drink than that! 

I took only cans of pale ales and fruity cider... Not a lager in sight. 

32 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Maybe someone just had a big step ladder?

So that's how they got over the fence and why it was crowded!!! 😉 

30 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I bet I know the people that love to fly drones…..the same people that love to fly flags. 😝

Am I excused for flying a flag only at my tent? I only took one so that I could find my tent when drunk, it turned out that a) I couldn't really 'get drunk' and b) it was one of the easiest tents to find anyway. 

In all seriousness I think it's somebody to do with the festival themselves who fly the drones, they seem to use a lot of aerial pictures. 

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

I suspect they look at the overhead shots which show the tent outlines and take an average from a few fields or use some clever software 

Edited by crazyfool1

Last 2 years have been near perfect weather which is probably the single biggest factor, wait for a year when it rains for 4 days and then see how many people pack up a soaking wet mud covered tent. 

Attitudes are changing, but its mostly weather 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I took only cans of pale ales and fruity cider... Not a lager in sight. 

So that's how they got over the fence and why it was crowded!!! 😉 

Am I excused for flying a flag only at my tent? I only took one so that I could find my tent when drunk, it turned out that a) I couldn't really 'get drunk' and b) it was one of the easiest tents to find anyway. 

In all seriousness I think it's somebody to do with the festival themselves who fly the drones, they seem to use a lot of aerial pictures. 

I jest about the flags…..well, sort of. No issues with them at tents or really in crowds. I just wish they would take them down once the set starts unless there’s people still actively trying to find the group. 

I find drones bloody annoying because some people just have no concept of privacy and boundaries. I’d like to take one out with a catapult. 

29 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I jest about the flags…..well, sort of. No issues with them at tents or really in crowds. I just wish they would take them down once the set starts unless there’s people still actively trying to find the group. 

I find drones bloody annoying because some people just have no concept of privacy and boundaries. I’d like to take one out with a catapult. 

I don’t think you’re allowed to fly them over private property without the owners consent are you? 

If that’s the case then fire away 😉 

Hopefully the group we were supposed to be going with this year will have gotten over having babies and other unimportant rubbish, so will be with us next year, we’ll need a flag (I’ve insisted on getting our couple friend a babies first glasto one.) but we won’t be near the front very often so won’t be flying it when not needed anyway. Also it won’t be ridiculously large if I’m paying. 🙈😂😛 

I didn’t find them annoying, but we tended to stand close to the repeaters at other, and second set at Pyramid, so they didn’t really obstruct our view. Didn’t see many elsewhere. 

11 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

The elusive stashed alcohol.

I remember I put a 1.5 litre bottle of rum and coke between the fly sheet and the inner tent for safe storage, forgot about it, found it on Monday morning and cursed how I needed it the day before when my funds were low.

Feel like I do it most years.

• Like 1

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The elusive stashed alcohol.

I remember I put a 1.5 litre bottle of rum and coke between the fly sheet and the inner tent for safe storage, forgot about it, found it on Monday morning and cursed how I needed it the day before when my funds were low.

Feel like I do it most years.

I put some rum accidentally in the lockup on arrival … it’s probably better that it stayed there 😂