The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Here are the latest weekly temperature anomalies up to 5th June from one model, the ECMWF. After a cold start, things warm up considerably and all of May has above average temperatures.  I haven’t shown it here, but the indication is that rainfall will be about average, but with these temperatures, the site will dry out nicely. Summer is on its way…

1744927940_Untitled2.thumb.gif.3b190eef7af50060efd46a5aea48dc4a.gif

9 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Here are the latest weekly temperature anomalies up to 5th June from one model, the ECMWF. After a cold start, things warm up considerably and all of May has above average temperatures.  I haven’t shown it here, but the indication is that rainfall will be about average, but with these temperatures, the site will dry out nicely. Summer is on its way…

1744927940_Untitled2.thumb.gif.3b190eef7af50060efd46a5aea48dc4a.gif

Steel Steve sorts it out

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

It is very cold still and has been raining loads in London, I am extremely fed up of what feels like the longest winter of all time 

Me too! Think the kids are also fed up of me singing "the sun will come out, tomorrow....."

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Need a dry May, that's the absolute key right now

Yup, I'm only looking at the 14 day forecast at the moment.  No point in getting excited / nervous / worried about anything over the festival for another month.

Though looks relatively dry for the next couple of weeks, so at least the site should dry out nicely