The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

We also caught that square in the chops on the walk from PGA to The Park with all our gear.  Luckily it was pretty superficial - I think there were other bands of rain passing by in the area so on the whole I took it as good luck that it was over with after half an hour or so rather than lingering on.

We didn't get away with it at Tramlines.

Ground had already taken a lot of rain the last couple of weeks.

Then there was torrential rain at 1.30pm for half an hour just after gates opened on the Friday.

Overnight rain into Saturday turned it into a quagmire.

It didn't rain too much during the festival for the first two days, but it then chucked it down overnight into Sunday too.

Site had to open late both Saturday and Sunday while they worked on it.

And then, at 3pm on Sunday, it lashed it down for hours. Have to admit I didn't bother going onto the site on the Sunday...

On 7/25/2023 at 4:53 AM, gooner1990 said:

That Wednesday shower started about 5 mins after I got through PGA and stopped just as I got to my tent (that my mates had put up for me) near The Park. 

Fuming! 😄 

Our Seetickets bus took it's own sweet time getting there - left the 02 at 6:00am and we didn't arrive until noon-ish to PGA, just barely missing that shower.  I was silently raging on the bus about how we shouldve been in the gates already, all set up, and now it was raining.  But it did stop by the time we unloaded and I calmed down.  

on the hike to big ground, I slipped in and went face first into a puddle.  serves me right for getting all riled up.  it was the kick in the pants i needed to remember to relax. 

On 7/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Suprefan said:

K, go to death valley and let us know what happens in that "dry heat". Yet in arizona right now the local emergency services are being stretched thin due to this "dry heat" Cause some people cant take care of themselves and   Need help

https://apnews.com/article/death-valley-heat-wave-california-hottest-record-c1b2d83dc384e46f133d460893787c52

I’ve been to Death Valley, can’t have the aircon on driving etc etc, been in Vegas in 40+ degrees love it. 

The heat there is nowhere near as dangerous as the humid conditions in Europe. Shhhhhhh US fanboy 🤫

On 7/20/2023 at 10:33 AM, Alvoram said:

Dust was horrendous at times, especially Friday and Saturday... I don't think it was as dusty as 2022 though, when they inadvertently added an extra source of dust by covering the run between San Remo and the Pyramid with ridiculously dusty white stones. 

Suppose you also didn't notice the electronic signs giving people tips on how to deal with the dust, or the trucks going out trying to spray the paths with water to keep the dust down? 🤷‍♂️ 

Suppose the medics were making it up too... https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/festival-medics-see-rise-breathing-8550329

Actually, no, I genuinely didn’t see any of that 😂 but maybe because I wasn’t effected by it 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Neither did I

It was definitely there, as per the article I posted earlier. (https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/festival-medics-see-rise-breathing-8550329

But yeh, nowhere near as bad as last year. 

@Franky just reread my original reply in a better mood, and I owe you an apology. Points I made were true but the tone I used was unnecessarily sh*tty. Sorry, there was no need for that, dunno who pissed in my cornflakes that day 😞 

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

It was definitely there, as per the article I posted earlier. (https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/festival-medics-see-rise-breathing-8550329

But yeh, nowhere near as bad as last year. 

@Franky just reread my original reply in a better mood, and I owe you an apology. Points I made were true but the tone I used was unnecessarily sh*tty. Sorry, there was no need for that, dunno who pissed in my cornflakes that day 😞 

Mate I thought nothing of it fella 👍 it’s a forum with good banter that’s all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTichborne said:

To everyone who went to Glastonbury this year, congratulations on going to the only dry UK festival of 2023. 🙂

See also Bearded Theory and Download. The moral of this story is to only attend festivals before the end of June.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:49 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

Bloody relief I managed to squeak an afternoon of dry weather in for a fake fest yesterday ..... today it's raining again ffs .... there were rumours of a dry spell coming in August , that jet stream needs to shift its ass though 

I get married on August 11th so need to pray for that day to be dry!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I get married on August 11th so need to pray for that day to be dry!

Forecasts seem to suggest the jet stream moving north allowing better weather to head our way as august progresses. Hope you get it fine! No matter what the weather does it will still be a great day. All the best! 

• Thanks 1