The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

We're overdue a mudbath Glastonbury now I think!  Remind me, when was the last one?  Or are mudbath Glastonbury's a thing of the past that we may never see again?!

I haven't been to Glastonbury since 2011 now.  Thinking of trying for a ticket for next year.  Though knowing my luck, if I do go it could be a mudbath Glastonbury!

34 minutes ago, Whizz said:

We're overdue a mudbath Glastonbury now I think!  Remind me, when was the last one?  Or are mudbath Glastonbury's a thing of the past that we may never see again?!

I haven't been to Glastonbury since 2011 now.  Thinking of trying for a ticket for next year.  Though knowing my luck, if I do go it could be a mudbath Glastonbury!

Next year will be a biblical mudbath of the likes we've never seen before. It is written.

2 hours ago, Whizz said:

2016 was the last mudbath. It will definitely happen again - global warming makes it more likely, not less. It's a myth created by the media that it's always muddy - it's just the dry years will be much hotter!

Just now, fightoffyour said:

We did it! That’s surely the Bert glastonbury weather in history. Absolutely amazing, not too hot not too cold, no jumpers, taps aff, incredible. Incredible.

Wednesday to Saturday were truly horrible. Waaaay too hot and got worse as the festival went on. Sunday had the only half decent weather and even then not until mid afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

thats 3 or 4 virtually dry festivals in a row I think since 2016. when does the luck run out, or is this it now with global warming and the like

Probably global warming from here on out. I think it needs to be more like last year to help balance it all out. Cause there was rain in spots but not at bad hours and the dust stayed down plus there was a nice amount of sunshine during the whole weekend with plenty of clouds. Just turn the sauna off on weds and thursday.

and while not being there in person and just watching the coverage i say f**k that weather for sure. Like the max richter set was really cool but i wouldnt wanna sit down with the sun just piercing through. 

They really need to add proper shaded areas. Thats the big thing. I dont care how much advice they want to give when it comes to cooling off but its not that hard to create areas to let people take a rest. They could literally get rid of car henge and make a giant gazebo for people.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Wednesday to Saturday were truly horrible. Waaaay too hot and got worse as the festival went on. Sunday had the only half decent weather and even then not until mid afternoon. 

Sorry to hear that. I really didn’t think those were oppressive kind of heats. Hope you enjoyed as much as possible x

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Sorry to hear that. I really didn’t think those were oppressive kind of heats. Hope you enjoyed as much as possible x

It hits us each in different ways, of course. There will be those who’re very comfortable with that kind of weather. I’m just not one of them. But that’s the future, so I will need to adapt my approach to the festival to be more comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It hits us each in different ways, of course. There will be those who’re very comfortable with that kind of weather. I’m just not one of them. But that’s the future, so I will need to adapt my approach to the festival to be more comfortable. 

We're in the same boat where coming from a place thats hot we dont want to go to a festival in a place thats normally cooler and then get cooked.

The uv index at glasto is just horrid and thats what can get you even if it was overcast and you think its ok.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Aren't you from Australia? Surely it's worse in summer there? Guess you've got AC everywhere in Oz, so maybe you can avoid the heat a bit better than here?

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Aren't you from Australia? Surely it's worse in summer there? Guess you've got AC everywhere in Oz, so maybe you can avoid the heat a bit better than here?

Difficult to explain, but the heat hits differently in England. Much of the south of Australia has a dry heat with houses that aren’t insulated to keep it in. Melbourne is never terribly hot for long before a cooler change hits. 

The heat didn't bother me too much, found it manageable. I did end up in the medical tent yesterday evening however after getting something lodged in my eye following a gust of wind so I'm all in favour of a few showers to keep the dust down.

2 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

The heat didn't bother me too much, found it manageable. I did end up in the medical tent yesterday evening however after getting something lodged in my eye following a gust of wind so I'm all in favour of a few showers to keep the dust down.

My friend also squinted his way through Elton with an eye problem

Though dust or glitter, its hard to say