The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Where we are now temperature wise is about my maximum for a festival. It's hot, but I'm coping fine. Although that helped massively by recently losing about 5 stone in weight. I absolutely wouldn't have coped before that. I was always a fat d sweaty mess in temperatures like this, lower even.

For those who think this is too hot to be at a festival.   I remember going to the FIB Benicassism festival in Spain back in 2005 and 2006.  I think the festival duration was about 7 to 9 days if I recall correctly. Temperatures daily reached up to about 39C!  There were very few places on the site to get any shade!   Even in the mornings about 7am-ish it was still very hot.  And anyone in their tent would wake up drenched in sweat!   Though in the campsite there was the benefit of huge outdoor shower blocks(with about 50 shower posts) to cool off!  

6 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

This has been awesome ExCePTfOrTheDuST

The other extreme are the absolute lunatics who think a temperature that feels like 30 at Glastonbury is lovely. Need their heads looking at 😂

Edited by kalifire

The last time I went to Glasto was 2016 and the weather was terrible. It was probably the most miserable experience I've had at the festive. The fact that the weather's been great for so many years since means that it'll be an absolute washout the next time I manage to bag a ticket.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

Today’s been about catching the must sees and spending the time between in the shade. Feels like 30 is not great festival weather. Fuzzy, you still with us? 

Yes. I got lucky as I had no must sees yesterday.

I revised all plans. Watched African Head Charge & Dreadzone. Solely due to the shade.

Im coping, but went to bed straight after GnR as I was physically drained.

Today could be worse.

Hope everyone is doing alright

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yes. I got lucky as I had no must sees yesterday.

I revised all plans. Watched African Head Charge & Dreadzone. Solely due to the shade.

Im coping, but went to bed straight after GnR as I was physically drained.

Today could be worse.

Hope everyone is doing alright

this afternoon should feel cooler

Seems like the new choice of weather for the festival now is either wet and mild, or dry and hot. 
Basically if you’re wanting a dry festival (which most people are) then it’s ever more likely that temperatures in the mid to high twenties are coming with it. Seemingly gone are the days of dry, cloudy 18-20 degs in late June. 

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Seems like the new choice of weather for the festival now is either wet and mild, or dry and hot. 
Basically if you’re wanting a dry festival (which most people are) then it’s ever more likely that temperatures in the mid to high twenties are coming with it. Seemingly gone are the days of dry, cloudy 18-20 degs in late June. 

tomorrow will be perfect.

11 hours ago, Homersexual said:

The last time I went to Glasto was 2016 and the weather was terrible. It was probably the most miserable experience I've had at the festive. The fact that the weather's been great for so many years since means that it'll be an absolute washout the next time I manage to bag a ticket.

Same. Went 08 then 13-16. Never had weather like this. Pleasant 13 and 15 and I think 08 in general was fine? 14 was annoying because the showers were heavy and the storm biblical. 16 was just a massive struggle. Glorious since. It actually puts me off trying to get a ticket again as I know the year i go, the weather will be rubbish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Same with us, just absolutely drained. 

Having a toddler in this heat is just another level of difficulty that you really don't need on top, heard a lot of vans pulling out over the night, I'm wondering if people had enough 

Isn’t it just. 

When my husband and I went in 2019 without children at least we could sleep during the day in a shady spot around the festival, and then party at night when it’s cooler, but you can’t do that with young children. 

Parenting a toddler and 5 year old in the heat at the festival has broken me. 

8 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Isn’t it just. 

When my husband and I went in 2019 without children at least we could sleep during the day in a shady spot around the festival, and then party at night when it’s cooler, but you can’t do that with young children. 

Parenting a toddler and 5 year old in the heat at the festival has broken me. 

you been to GreenKids area? I assume still exists. I was at a hot glastonbury with my kid when she was little and it was a life saviour as plenty of shade to chill out in whilst she was busy doing whatever.