The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

28-30 "moderate heat"

It's about the highest temperature you will get in the UK, by a significant margin, hardly moderate heat.

I honestly think people on here struggle with the realtive concept of high temperature. 17°+ is very pleasant t-shirt weather.

23+ you will be sweating bullets wandering round a festival

28+ you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think you're going to have a good time at a festival in the UK

It’s far lower than 28 that fuzzy has been upset about. Currently nowhere is predicting 28+ every day of the festival. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Nearly didnt this time.

Of the festivals Ive been to, Only 2010 & 2019 were rancid weather wise. I survived them both.

I guarantee if I dont go next year, it'll be my kind of weather

It genuinely wasn’t a dig either, just an observation that the heat can really affect your experience negatively. 

Just now, DYRTFT said:

It genuinely wasn’t a dig either, just an observation that the heat can really affect your experience negatively. 

I didnt take it as 1.

Its the same argument Id have if it was colder... "Its an outdoor's festival in Britain. If it is cool / rainy, you just have to deal with it"

I have to deal with the heat as best I can. It's tough.

Been to a lot of wet, muddy Glastonbury’s and a lot of very hot one’s recently. 
I’ll take a hot one (even 2019) over a cold and muddy one. 

I can cope with either but I’d rather sit in the sunshine and need to cool down than stand in the rain/mud and be miserable 

BUT each to their own and regardless I hope everyone has a blast 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Been to a lot of wet, muddy Glastonbury’s and a lot of very hot one’s recently. 
I’ll take a hot one (even 2019) over a cold and muddy one. 

I can cope with either but I’d rather sit in the sunshine and need to cool down than stand in the rain/mud and be miserable 

BUT each to their own and regardless I hope everyone has a blast 

I'd also take a hot one over a wet one. Getting around between stages in 2016 was an absolute nightmare

But that's wet and dry, I'm talking purely hot and cold.

Glasto is blazing sunshine, high humidity (the real killer) when it's hot with very little opportunity for shade (thankfully on Wednesday last year they opened the acoustic tent a bit so people could get out of the sun) 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I believe you to be sincere - but I also believe that you love the badinage in the run up to the fest 

A few comments like... "Acts Seen 0 vs Hospitals Visited 1". That is definitely for effect, but staying at my tent for most of the day is more than probable.

And going into survival mode, is genuine.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

A few comments like... "Acts Seen 0 vs Hospitals Visited 1". That is definitely for effect, but staying at my tent for most of the day is more than probable.

Strongly recommend one of these or this kind of thing - carry your shade. I'm not a heat person either and the scottish blood comes to the fore, without a strong breeze blazing sun wrecks me and particularly my ability to think. Bit of shade, splash of water and a fan and I can get back to sanity. This is also why I got so into the electrolytes thing as all the sweating ruins my balance. Stay hydrated, carry some shade for the most intense part of the day and avoid still air and I was still moving through most of the insane temps at last year's Boomtown

and wander EuroSCHIRM Umbrella UV (Silver) - 5742977173-160 - Consortium

5 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Strongly recommend one of these or this kind of thing - carry your shade. I'm not a heat person either and the scottish blood comes to the fore, without a strong breeze blazing sun wrecks me and particularly my ability to think. Bit of shade, splash of water and a fan and I can get back to sanity. This is also why I got so into the electrolytes thing as all the sweating ruins my balance. Stay hydrated, carry some shade for the most intense part of the day and avoid still air and I was still moving through most of the insane temps at last year's Boomtown

and wander EuroSCHIRM Umbrella UV (Silver) - 5742977173-160 - Consortium

I have 1, but thanks, it took the headache away last year.

Ive also bought a round your neck battery operated fan. As crap as it looks my mate has 1 & it is better than you think. About £13 from Amazon.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

I dont understand. Is it turning to rain or heat??? So much conflicting info about what the completely made up weather reports are showing 

Exactly, we haven't got a clue what's going to happen yet, check back in next week and we might have an idea.

But stay positive ☀️☀️☀️☀️

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Sounds boujee but cooling face mist cans are pretty bliss on hot weather (currently heavily pregnant and they’re so refreshing) 

Oh my gawd ME TOO. I assume you’re going to Glastonbury given you’re on this thread. Nice to know I’m not the only crazy one!!! 

33 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

And going into survival mode, is genuine.

LazyConstantArabianoryx-max-1mb.gif

3 hours ago, briddj said:

All hail the 00Z!

Completely dry festival, a massive fingering!

Temps 23, 25, 27, 29, 30!

image.thumb.png.e2845f207b40992c9e9bca8e02e2aee5.png

image.thumb.png.9bfc27624512999a3482d6f558675e10.png

I told myself I wouldn't look in this thread this year as it's largely pointless but couldn't help myself. Now I won't accept anything less than this. STICK!

• Upvote 1