Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

4 hours ago, Jamm said:

Only complaints this far is the sound bleed between stages and some of the act placement.

Cupra/Brugal/Amazon is a bit of a nightmare -//- As is boiler room plentitude -//- And that techno place at the back of Mordor for the people in the back.

Didnt Antimon come on late and just decimate the heathers to the point they had to stop and wait?

In regards to stage placements Built to Spill was a bit silly on Dice. My friends had a couple others they thought there either over or under sized for their stages.

Was it hard to get close to the stage for Built to Spill? There was a lot of room on the right side closer to the bar but there will easily be a bottleneck to get to that side of course. 

Heather was just doing soundcheck, and Antonim set was delayed due to technical issues. But their sets were not scheduled to overlap and they didnt overlap. 

1 hour ago, Tony Zografos please said:

Great day yesterday. Absolutely furious about Loyle carner being 20 mins late on stage and no explanation. Everyone else showed up on time. Arsewipe lol

To be fair to him, everyone was delayed for a while after Rema played 20 minutes longer (I had the same delay for Alison Goldfrapp and Perfume). 

• Upvote 1

It was like the first day of 2022 in reverse:

1. Instead of 10 people staring at every single bartender hoping to be the next person to be served, yesterday, every time I approached the bar, two or three bartenders were hypnotizing me to choose them so they had something to do for a change.

2. Cupra at midnight (during Perfume) felt like the first afternoon set on normal years (not 2022) - plenty of space to sit or stand for anyone. It was like 20 percent of people that were there for Faye Webster at 5 p.m. last year.

Organisation-wise, it was almost perfect (except for more than 20 minutes delay for Perfume and, as I understand, subsequent shows at Cupra).

As for the concerts, just three words: Ghost, Perfume, Blur.

Ghost - daylight setting was quite weird initially, but very soon they managed to make it look (and sound) totally epic. Even more playful than on their records.

Perfume - breathtaking show, tiny but very invested crowd (possibly the best I saw yesterday).

Blur - the sound has some issues, the crowd was dead for the first half of the set, but it was Blur, I finally saw them for the first time in my life and I loved every second.

Just these three shows would be enough for yesterday to become my favourite Primavera day ever.

But there almost wasn't a single weak link in yesterday schedule. I enjoyed everything from Cabiria through Joe Crepusculo and Yard Act to Halsey.

I don't expect this day to be topped anytime soon.

4 hours ago, franks said:

Same here. It all went up so much that we decided to do Porto instead - everything was essentially half the price of Barcelona but still with a decent amount of the lineup. Glad to hear it's a much nicer experience for those who are there though, that first day last year was pretty hairy! 

Yeah if we were going we’d have gone to porto

11 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Did anyone go to Boris? I had to skip them cause turnstile had been too intense 😄

I did! It was awesome, the singer asked people to stand up when the set started, half of the people went to stand in front of the stage, this was the first time that I saw a band ask the audience to not remain seated in the Auditori! Pretty sure this gave a bit of a headache to the security guys lol. 

18 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Anyone going to F1 Spain GP on Sunday as well? Official Prices are quite low compared to most other circuits. https://proticketing.com/circuitcat/en_US/entradas/evento/26918/session/1535918/select?viewCode=Principal

As a huge F1 one that has been to several EU races (Austria, Italy, Hungary, Germany (RIP) and Belgium) - it's known as one of the worst circuits to visit due to to organization around the track, things like the lack of water and overcrowding. It's probably a good place to visit if you're missing Primavera 2022 experience 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overall, thought yesterday was so so great. No sour taste left in my mouth which is big.

Turnstile was perfect chaos, Loyle Carner delivered on his amazing new album, and New Order kicked my ass.

Aside from that, I definitely think it's lacking a little bit of the "magic" of previous years. I didn't have as many "Wow, I'm at Primavera" moments as even 2022. Maybe it's just getting used to the layout and maybe I'm jut being a bit spoilt but it's hard to explain.

Also thought Comet is Coming were phenomenal. Stupidly left to go and meet friends at Folamour and wish I'd just stayed there. Hope Channel Tres can put on a banging set there tonight too.

Crowd chatter was annoying in moments but tbh more from my own friends aha.

• Upvote 1

so far so good!

gotta say the food is good too - the oddly named santander ‘work’ cafe is a lovely spot and just down from that is a japanese place that does really good sandwiches for five euros. 

looking forward to swans and kendrick. 

I‘m really curious about the numbers they are going to release - it felt like at least -30% crowdwise compared to last year. Which I felt was a good thing. It was pretty good easy to get good spots everywhere I went, even Blur - who were fun. My favourite gig was Rema though, great party. Loved the diversity of seing Alex G, Sudan Archives, Ghost, Red Velvet, Pusha T, Rema followed by New Order. Felt like a proper Primavera run. Very much looking forward to tonight.

Today's line up looks stellar for me. Kendrick, Fred again, Japanese Breakfast, Julia Jacklin... Ticks all my boxes. It's the one I'm most sore about missing. 

Enjoy folks. I'll be glued to the amazon streams later with a few beers at home. 

The fomo is real. I may even buy tickets for 2024 as soon as they go on sale!!