Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

12 hours ago, Etaish said:

Quick sanity check: PS veterans - how many bands/sets do you usually manage to see on average per day during the weekend (let's assume you're the type who can power through a full night)? Also, do you usually end up seeing less (or more) than what you planned in advance? 

Assuming you catch the first act in the Auditoria, 7-8 full sets can be done with enough time for rest and food/drinks.

12 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

what are you watching instead? I also think I'll skip nxworries. I might head to the auditorium for boris but I hope not to lose precious time in a long cue

I highly doubt Boris will be that crowded.

After discussing the timetable with my partner, this is our plan (bold for must see artists we've never seen before):

DAY 1

Cabiria - Heather - Joe Crepusculo - flowerovlove - Ghost - Red Velvet - PinkPantheress - Perfume - New Order - Halsey - Blur - Ascendant Vierge 

Perfume/New Order and Blur/Ascendant Vierge clashes will be resolved when we get there, but I guess we'll see the whole sets of Perfume and Blur and then we'll hurry up for the New Order and Ascendant Vierge final songs. Switching Halsey with New Order or Blur will help a lot.

DAY 2

The Beths - Julia Jacklin - Cavetown - Sparks - Depeche Mode - Bleachers - Fred again.. - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

Probably leaving Fred again.. 20 minutes early for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

DAY 3

Alissic - TWIN - Wednesday - Surf Curse - be your own PET - The Voidz - St. Vincent - Caroline Polachek - Calvin Harris - Two Shell

The Voidz / St. Vincent will be resolved when we get there, but I guess we'll see the whole set of The Voidz and then we'll hurry up for St. Vincent final songs.

I'm going for a 'plan to see (and walk) less' and 'maybe catch more' approach but looking like this:

Thursday
Alex G - Turnstile - New Order - Blur - The Comet Is Coming

Friday
The Delgados - Sparks - Four Tet - Fred Again.. - Skrillex - Daphni

Saturday
Wednesday - Surf Curse - My Morning Jacket - The voidz - The War On Drugs - Gilla Band

Edited by BA_Barrabus
addition

22 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Just had email from dice offering 50 euro off full festival tickets for Barcelona or Madrid. So maybe it's not just Madrid that is not selling well.

unless they're offering free flights as well is that really going to change any minds this close

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, duckula said:

unless they're offering free flights as well is that really going to change any minds this close

I'm in that boat. Got a decent hotel booked and tickets will be really cheap to buy but it's the flights thats probably going to make it a no from us. 

50 Euros won’t do much when hotels are like 250 euro a night at least at this point with very limited availability, not to mention flights.

I won’t moan if they’ve under sold, might actually get a drink and won’t die in a crush this year. 

Hello guys. Just a quick question.. please if anyone can help with info it will be appreciated. I’m traveling to the Barcelona site again on my own like last year but last year the Thursday night I couldn’t get back to my hotel because the metro stopped running as Gorillaz was on so late. Same as blur this year and last year I ended up getting ripped off in a taxi 100 euros for a 4 mile journey to get back to my hotel on the Thursday. This year my hotel is on La Ramblas… sorry my question is how reliable are Ubers that time of night say after blur finishes at that time and do any buses cover there? Thanks if anyone can provide info. 

thank you 

3 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Just had email from dice offering 50 euro off full festival tickets for Barcelona or Madrid. So maybe it's not just Madrid that is not selling well.

Hopefully it won’t be too crowded busy and easier to access the stages etc. 
🤞🏻🤞🏻🙌🙌

33 minutes ago, willyr88 said:

This year my hotel is on La Ramblas… sorry my question is how reliable are Ubers that time of night say after blur finishes at that time and do any buses cover there? Thanks if anyone can provide info. 

Yes, there’s a night bus that goes down Las Ramblas from Plaça de Catalunya.  There’s a festival shuttle bus that goes to Plaça de Catalunya from outside the festival. Google Maps has all the Barcelona transport details so have a look on there and plan a route back from the parc del forum or Plaça de Catalunya to wherever your hotel is at whatever time you’ll be leaving on Friday morning .

3 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Hopefully that could mean less commercial names next year like Måneskin, Halsey, Calvin Harris. 

57 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Hopefully that could mean less commercial names next year like Måneskin, Halsey, Calvin Harris. 

Amen to that!

Primavera tried desparately to reach out for a younger/more mainstream audience but didn't realise that by booking Halsey etc. they put off a part of their old(-school) visitors.

1 hour ago, willyr88 said:

Hello guys. Just a quick question.. please if anyone can help with info it will be appreciated. I’m traveling to the Barcelona site again on my own like last year but last year the Thursday night I couldn’t get back to my hotel because the metro stopped running as Gorillaz was on so late. Same as blur this year and last year I ended up getting ripped off in a taxi 100 euros for a 4 mile journey to get back to my hotel on the Thursday. This year my hotel is on La Ramblas… sorry my question is how reliable are Ubers that time of night say after blur finishes at that time and do any buses cover there? Thanks if anyone can provide info. 

thank you 

I stayed just off La Rambla last year and the shuttle bus from the festival site to Placa Catalunya was enough for me - had about a 5-10 minute walk after it, if you don't mind that.

11 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

I have a day ticket for the Madrid festival. Is there any way I can go to a Primavera en la Ciutat concert without a full weekend ticket? I would love to go to the Black Country New Road show in Madrid, but could only afford a day ticket

https://dice.fm/event/9wrln-black-midi-black-country-new-road-los-bitchos-goat-girl-5th-jun-sala-la-paqui-antigua-sala-but-madrid-tickets

on sale now for 16.50eur!

• Thanks 1

On that Saturday 5am weekend closing slot, Really annoying that Overmono are scheduled to play at the Plentitude stage while DJ Coco is at Cupra. I know that's the tradition but - sorry for being controversial - he's a lousy dj while the Overmono show will be a big event (new album is terrific) and I want to believe will pull a big crowd. Cupra stage would've been the perfect stage for this.