Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 hours ago, Andrej said:

NIN are becoming more and more just a brilliant cult boomer act, and unfortunately demo under 35 is totally unaware of the band.

Not true at all. I'm in my mid 20s and plenty of my friends rate them, as do folks online. They're the best industrial rock band around and definitely big in the alternative rock sphere. Cult boomer act is a huge disservice to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Queens of the Stone Age will be playing Southside/Hurricane Festival in Germany June 16-18.. last time they played Primavera was 2014, so instead of NIN, maybe..

(And yeah, Muse are headlining, with The 1975 and Placebo also playing, but those I don’t see at PS)

Edited by brosch

4 minutes ago, brosch said:

Queens of the Stone Age will be playing Southside/Hurricane Festival in Germany June 16-18.. last time they played Primavera was 2014, so instead of NIN, maybe..

(And yeah, Muse are headlining, with The 1975 and Placebo also playing, but those I don’t see at PS)

I'm sure Gabi said somewhere a few years ago that two acts he wouldn't be keen to bring back were QOTSA and Florence and the Machine, as he didn't enjoy them when they played and felt they didn't fit, something like that anyway. I reckon they'll be back at Mad Cool but they would be a very good alternative to Nine Inch Nails as you say.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, kingcrawler said:

I'm sure Gabi said somewhere a few years ago that two acts he wouldn't be keen to bring back were QOTSA and Florence and the Machine, as he didn't enjoy them when they played and felt they didn't fit, something like that anyway. I reckon they'll be back at Mad Cool but they would be a very good alternative to Nine Inch Nails as you say.

Yes, he said that.

https://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58306p100-ask-me-anything-gabi-ruiz-primavera-sound-finalizado#7087783

Can't read too much about the change of profile picture/cover photo. Last time (before covid), in 2020, we got change of pictures 12/11/2019, and we got the lineup 5/1/2020, almost two months later. But, in 2019 edition it was just a week later after the change of pictures. 

Can't wait for (a part of) the line up. Who do you guys see as big possibilities? I'm hoping for as much as possible of this (realistic?) list:

Headliners:

Aphex Twin + Flaming Lips

Radiohead + The Mars Volta

Kendrick Lamar + Bon Iver

Undercard:

Wilco - Phoebe Bridgers - Spoon - Kevin Morby - Animal Collective - Julien Baker - FIDLAR - Destroyer - Sigrid - Peach Pit - Haim - The Distillers - Alex G - Night Beats - Venetian Snares - Nils Frahm - Yard Act - Camp Cope - Pinch Points - The Murlocs - Cheekface - Flyying Colours - Easy Life - Hockey Dad - Cate Le Bon - Dead Ghosts - Bass Drum Of Death

9 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Can't wait for (a part of) the line up. Who do you guys see as big possibilities? I'm hoping for as much as possible of this (realistic?) list:

Headliners:

Aphex Twin + Flaming Lips

Radiohead + The Mars Volta

Kendrick Lamar + Bon Iver

Undercard:

Wilco - Phoebe Bridgers - Spoon - Kevin Morby - Animal Collective - Julien Baker - FIDLAR - Destroyer - Sigrid - Peach Pit - Haim - The Distillers - Alex G - Night Beats - Venetian Snares - Nils Frahm - Yard Act - Camp Cope - Pinch Points - The Murlocs - Cheekface - Flyying Colours - Easy Life - Hockey Dad - Cate Le Bon - Dead Ghosts - Bass Drum Of Death

No suggestion Radiohead are active next year. In fact I reckon we'll see a second smile album before Radiohead tour again.

15 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

This largely ignores  the acts that are most commonly predicted here and is very male heavy. 

It's my wishlist. Not a "this is absolutely going to be the end result" list...

20 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Edit: also that'd be a very weak undercard. 

Nor is this the final lineup. this would be... what... 15%(?) of the entire Primavera poster, so this could even become the strongest undercard ever for that matter 🤣

Last year was: Pavement - Tame Impala - Massive Attack - The National - Beck - The Strokes - Tyler - Gorillaz - Nick Cave quite the sausage fest as well.

If they really need their ratio than you can give The Mars Volta or Flaming Lips a lower position and boost Phoebe Bridgers or Haim. Or just add Björk or Portishead or whoever, doesn't mean I have to put them on my wishlist.

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

May need that extra bit of time to sell two locations and before Mad cool comes out with it's names.

At least *something* is going to happen tomorrow, I’m pretty sure about that…

Them updating their social media, Depeche Mode teasing for tomorrow, as does a big promoter from where I am (Austria, that is).. too many coincidences 

1 hour ago, brosch said:

At least *something* is going to happen tomorrow, I’m pretty sure about that…

Them updating their social media, Depeche Mode teasing for tomorrow, as does a big promoter from where I am (Austria, that is).. too many coincidences 

But chances for Depeche Mode at Primavera or any other festival is low, it looks like they are doing stadium tour

”The band will begin their European stadium tour on May 16th, with noted stops including the Stade de France in Paris, Berlin’s Olympic Stadium, Milan’s San Siro Stadium, and London’s Twickenham Stadium.”

Edited by SweetJesus

4 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Way too early for the line up, surely? 

Not sure. I know we should be back to pre-COVID announcement schemes but with the energy crisis and inflation at 10 percent in the EU I think a lot of promoters would like to shift their tickets as soon as possible and before people recognize their bank accounts are under heavy attack.

Edited by Karlos12345

I wonder are we more likely to see Depeche Mode doing some Primavera-organised tour dates in Spain, rather than the festival itself? 

Would seem very early for a line up announcement, although I guess they don't need to announce the full thing if they struck a particular deal with one or two bands! 

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

No suggestion Radiohead are active next year. In fact I reckon we'll see a second smile album before Radiohead tour again.

Certainly not active next year or any time soon, I'd say. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/radiohead-hiatus-ed-o-brien/

Ed says they'll "probably" play together again from this interview during the summer. Wouldn't fill you with the hope of an imminent return to the stage anyway!