What sets will be more rammed this year?

AlexOvd

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah tbh this will be the most attended non headline set I reckon.

Between O-Rod and Libs I reckon.

The first band on The Other always get a decent crowd and Libs are a step up from The Vaccines, The Pretenders et al.

28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Between O-Rod and Libs I reckon.

The first band on The Other always get a decent crowd and Libs are a step up from The Vaccines, The Pretenders et al.

Nah Libs won’t get as big of a crowd as Olivia. A lot of people are still in bed at 11.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nah Libs won’t get as big of a crowd as Olivia. A lot of people are still in bed at 11.

First “proper” act at the first Glasto in 3 years, after an utter shit show of a pandemic….

Everyone will be getting the most out of it, not snoozing.

It’ll be rammed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah tbh this will be the most attended non headline set I reckon.

Yep. Would’ve been a huge crowd anyway, but the lack of major clashes with her set could mean it gets silly. Definitely this year’s ‘should’ve been on the Pyramid’ act. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

First “proper” act at the first Glasto in 3 years, after an utter shit show of a pandemic….

Everyone will be getting the most out of it, not snoozing.

It’ll be rammed. 

All the cool kids will be at Ziggy Marley.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep. Would’ve been a huge crowd anyway, but the lack of major clashes with her set could mean it gets silly. Definitely this year’s ‘should’ve been on the Pyramid’ act. 

Yeah they've over estimated Noel - it seems even Oasis fans don't like him. I'm a big fan but I think they've messed up there. 

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah they've over estimated Noel - it seems even Oasis fans don't like him. I'm a big fan but I think they've messed up there. 

Yep, although to be fair even if Noel was still a bigger deal, the demographic crossover between him and O-Rod must be pretty minimal. It’s the nothingness on JP which is the bigger problem - especially when you compare it to the two acts playing that tent in the 18:30-20:00 block on the Friday. If they could’ve clashed Olivia with Sigrid or Pheebs it would’ve been completely fine. 

56 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep, although to be fair even if Noel was still a bigger deal, the demographic crossover between him and O-Rod must be pretty minimal. It’s the nothingness on JP which is the bigger problem - especially when you compare it to the two acts playing that tent in the 18:30-20:00 block on the Friday. If they could’ve clashed Olivia with Sigrid or Pheebs it would’ve been completely fine. 

It probably would've made more sense for her to be in the Haim slot

• Upvote 2

My take on who'll get the biggest and smallest crowds out of the headliners on each of the main stages (I know nobody asked):

Pyramid

Biggest - Paul McCartney (by a long way)

Smallest - Billie Eilish (controversial opinion)

Other

Biggest - Pet Shop Boys (though I think Foals will come close)

Smallest - Megan thee Stallion (by a long way)

West Holts

Biggest - Bicep

Smallest - Roisin Murphy

John Peel

Biggest - Charli XCX

Smallest - Jamie T

Park

Biggest - Jessie Ware

Smallest - Courtney Barnett

What's everyone else think?

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

My take on who'll get the biggest and smallest crowds out of the headliners on each of the main stages (I know nobody asked):

Pyramid

Other

West Holts

Biggest - Bicep

Smallest - Roisin Murphy

John Peel

Biggest - Charli XCX

Smallest - Jamie T

Park

Biggest - Jessie Ware

Agree with all of this except Billie. She may well end up with the smallest crowd of the three by the end of her set but Kendrick will definitely have the thinnest starting crowd. He has the weakest sub*, and for all that he’s critically beloved simply doesn’t have a Bad Guy-level smash in his armoury.

There’s also still the racist old meat and potatoes types who would never go and watch a black rapper no matter what, but may well give Billie a chance (albeit a brief one before going off muttering about how it should’ve been some dreary old man with a guitar). 

*in terms of likely crowd size and crossover with his own audience, definitely not in terms of quality 

With regards to West Holts, it’s a damn shame that Little Simz clashes with Billie and Foals or she could’ve been in for a Chic-esque crowd.

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Pyramid

Other

West Holts

Biggest - Bicep

Smallest - Roisin Murphy

John Peel

Biggest - Charli XCX

Smallest - Jamie T

Park

Biggest - Jessie Ware

Mostly spot on there for me Acid. I'm swayed to think that Jamie T will be busier than Primal Scream, and Billie will be busier than Kendrick. Incredible options all round though this year! 

22 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lionel is right up there with my best ever gigs. Thought he was magnificent.

Yep.  Agreed.  Kenny Rodgers was ace too.

22 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Interesting... so does she fake it or not? I’m perhaps an old timer, and not fully understanding this pre recorded backing track thing..... but WTF? Surely she either performs live, or she doesn’t? Do the Stones have a backing track? Am I watching live music or not?

I'm really on the fence with this.  Seeing a 100% live act, on actual instruments, who are as tight as a Yorkshireman and can improvise/play with songs and arrangements is a thing to behold.  However I can see the reality that this isn't really possible on huge festival or arena shows or as things advance and more and more music is at least in part created and played on MacBooks.

8 hours ago, ibri_uk said:

Can’t believe no one’s mentioned Primal Scream, personally think will be absolutely rammed

Nah they’re w*nk live, haven’t released anything of note since they last played, and Friday night headliner time is stacked with people worth watching. There’ll be enough ticket holders who stopped listening to new music in 1997 that they’ll be able to fill the tent, but it won’t get uncomfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The question is who will `keep` a crowd......and who is plainly going to be exposed fast as just hype or just playing on old glories with little substance to keep people interested through an entire set.

Contraversal opinion im more looking forward to the bootleg beatles set  on the sunday then i am maccas, just because they represent every era, they really make an effort, they have a tonne of energy on stage and on a smaller stage they will get big energy going fgrom the crowd as well. Saw them in the acoustic a few years back and it was utterly rammed with the crowd singing every word and just bouncing.

From what ive seen of current macca shows his voice isnt nearly good these days (not his fault, age stops for no man) and due to said age I doubt his set will have much energy either.....also the pyramid field is an utter mare when its an artist as big as that....BUT it is an ideal time to get down to the se corner early and get a proper banging saturday night out going before the masses swamp it 🙂