2023 legend slot

ProperTea

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I had a good old listen to Billy Ocean based on the chat in here a while back, and i just want Billy Ocean now. If not the legend slot, then have him headlining acoustic or avalon, or mid afternoon at the pyramid on friday, or wherever really - Need More Billy! NMB!

#TEAMBILLY 

Edit- i've just been made aware that he has three lungs. All the more reason for him to play

The third lung is an extra pulmonary node central to his medically normal lungs

and I can’t believe i just googled can a human have three lungs! 😊

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Struggle to believe anyone will pull a bigger crowd than Elton John in his final British performance though. 

I keep seeing people say this - largely due, I think, to some sloppy journalism and headline sub editing in news on the topic. 

It's his last UK (and last) show *of his last ever tour*. NOT his last ever UK show. He could still play 30 nights at the O2 sometime as that would not be a tour. He is not retiring completely, just can't be arsed with arduous touring at his age, I guess. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Time for this thread to remove the stone of shame!

Gutted we never made it back there in 2017 but think I'd peaked too soon. The guy said they had a few keg on the go and the  beer was free but they excepted donations 🍻

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Someone on another forum I'm on says that Cat Stevens and Blondie are playing. They thought that Blondie would be Sunday teatime, but I'd imagine it's Cat Stevens if it's between those two....

Ok, I’ll be first to say it. Awooga 🙃

Simon Le Bon is talking about Glastonbury in the Metro today, do we think this makes DD more or less likely for the legend slot this year?

"While 2023 is set to be busy with touring, there is one dream gig that the band are still waiting to be offered: ‘I’ve never been to Glastonbury. I made a promise to myself, I said I wouldn’t go until we got the right slot. I’m still holding out for it.’"

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/17/simon-le-bon-has-one-more-goal-he-wants-to-fit-around-duran-duran-tour-18294467/