2023 legend slot

ProperTea

16 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Bonnie Tyler is in the news. Which made me check - she’s on tour and free most of June. 

Saw her at Proms in the Park before covid. She got hoisted up in a cherry picker about 50 foot in the air, pissed off her face and crucified total eclipse....on second thoughts that might actually quite entertaining to see again.

I went to see Clapton before I realised about him inspiring Rock Against Racism.  So firstly, I wouldn't see him now because of his views.  But also, it was the most bored I have ever been at a gig.  No engagement with the audience (he literally did not say anything all night).  I would have had more fun staying at home putting a CD on (it was a few years back!).  Wouldn't cross the road to see him.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be a hard pass from me

I wouldn't be massively fussed, would think about popping along if nothing else was on and the kids wanted a break.

As I've said he probably fits the criteria better than anyone else mentioned recently.

Does this date make him the front runner now?

Edited by Hugh Jass II

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I wouldn't be massively fussed, would think about popping along if nothing else was on and the kids wanted a break.

As I've he probably fits the criteria better than anyone else mentioned recently.

Does this date make him the front runner now?

I really think it does. A 60-year career, selling over 250 million records worldwide, 10 number one albums and 31 top-ten singles in the UK, 6 of which reached number one. I reckon that's as good as anything available.