2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Hold on a sec!

Why is Elton John apparently suitable for Glastonbury, yet Billy Joel isn't?

Makes no sense to me, I'd have them in the same bracket re type of music.

Genuine question

Totally awful basic music for people who used to buy one CD a year in Tescos. Don’t even get me started on that rancid Regan-ite anthem he did… 

Edited by sadimmock
Typos

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

There's always been such at Glastonbury.

it shouldn't be encouraged though... To be honest this is just my personal taste showing. I find his music absolutely appalling and vapid. However there a lot's of other "just always there" artists that I would welcome. I guess everyone's millage will vary.

Edited by sadimmock
Making myself look less of a twat

2 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

it shouldn't be encouraged though... To be honest this is just my personal taste showing. I find his music absolutely appalling and vapid. However there a lot's of other "just always there" artists that I would welcome. I guess everyone's millage will vary.

True.

I just see no difference between the two of them.

45 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I once saw Elton and billy Joel play a stadium gig together, two stages , they took turns knocking out their bangers then did a joint appearance at the end. An enjoyable experience. 

I saw Elton with Eric Clapton at Wembley doing the same sort of thing. Fantastic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I once saw Elton and billy Joel play a stadium gig together, two stages , they took turns knocking out their bangers then did a joint appearance at the end. An enjoyable experience. 

I was also there for that but Joel was sick so it was just Elton on my night 

(I was 8 at the time, have I misremembered?) 

Edited by GeezLouise

This thread is wild. Do we actually have any credible guesses apart from Roxy? FWIW, I put them on to see what all the fuss was about and recognised loads of their songs! Deffo way more than Kenny Rogers and I totally got into him and loved it.

I find the Spice Girls a bit cringe and I can’t see Victoria agreeing to get on that stage for fear of massively embarrassed herself. Having said that I agree that it would be a great booking and I’d probably end up there after a few pineapple tequilas. 

So either is alright for me - it’s Glastonbury and I love it. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

This thread is wild. Do we actually have any credible guesses apart from Roxy? FWIW, I put them on to see what all the fuss was about and recognised loads of their songs! Deffo way more than Kenny Rogers and I totally got into him and loved it.

I find the Spice Girls a bit cringe and I can’t see Victoria agreeing to get on that stage for fear of massively embarrassed herself. Having said that I agree that it would be a great booking and I’d probably end up there after a few pineapple tequilas. 

So either is alright for me - it’s Glastonbury and I love it. 

Steps.