The "I've Paid" Thread

Hugh Jass II

21 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Our group managed to get 15 tickets.  I have just found out we have more drop outs. Only 8 paid up FFS. I am shocked and tbh a bit upset. We worked so hard to get those tickets! Life has changed a lot for loads of people in last couple of years I guess, priorities have changed. 

I think the resale group are going to be better placed this year.  Hopefully.  

I got a little bit annoyed a mate of mine.

We had someone drop out the group of 6 so he came in at relatively last minute in Oct 2019....I explained we were going for coach and he said fine, so by a miracle we got tickets from Oxford, he then complained that he didn't want to be a 'bus w*nker' when he realised what it actually entailed.

He then complained on and off since about seeing if someone else who was going could take him back etc etc, then suddenly about a month ago I got an email from SEE to say he had requested a refund and could I provide up-to-date bank details!

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I got a little bit annoyed a mate of mine.

We had someone drop out the group of 6 so he came in at relatively last minute in Oct 2019....I explained we were going for coach and he said fine, so by a miracle we got tickets from Oxford, he then complained that he didn't want to be a 'bus w*nker' when he realised what it actually entailed.

He then complained on and off since about seeing if someone else who was going could take him back etc etc, then suddenly about a month ago I got an email from SEE to say he had requested a refund and could I provide up-to-date bank details!

Sounds like you'll have a better time without him tbh!

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Sounds like you'll have a better time without him tbh!

He's actually a really good mate and a top laugh (plus he's been 4-5 times before) so I was a little suprised with the attitude towards the coach thing, but hey I'd rather everyone going is happy to do it rather than grumbling about it.

The last time he came in 2017 his girlfriend insisted they took a campervan and I think he's lost the 'slumming it' part of him now he's older as she wasn't coming this year he would have been in standard camping with us.

2 hours ago, Greenelk said:

The Pay Balance option is still up on the site, and you can still enter registrations and go through to the payment screen?  Did See forget to press the off button?

One of our group bought at 3am this morning and it went through.  

Edited by rmartin1803

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Maybe they are leaving it on deliberately due to a lack of balances paid up?

It's never (ot at least, often not) closed exactly on time. Makes sense they leave it open until someone sits down to start the reconciliation process at some point the next day.

Does anyone know of someone who just simply forgot to pay? Not 2022 specific but from any time in the past I’d accept.

I always find this fascinating every year on Twitter that some people just forget?

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, netspy said:

Looks like they’re just registration links now?

Edit: Ignore me I didn’t read the pages properly.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone know of someone who just simply forgot to pay? Not 2022 specific but from any time in the past I’d accept.

I always find this fascinating every year on Twitter that some people just forget?

Not forgotten but there was someone on Twitter last night (10pm ish) saying he now couldn't go because he only had Amex and they wouldn't accept it.

Another one went back in the pot today.  My 20 year old decided that he no longer wanted to come (he's been wavering) and finally let me know after I'd paid the balance!  So from our original 12 there are now 5 that are no longer coming for one reason or another.  

Edited by Greenelk

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yep my wife’s friend in 2017 was away overseas with work and apparently the reminder email went to junk, as she wasn’t part of our direct group no one thought to remind her (to be honest I thought it was obvious, our main group has a WhatsApp which never stops so you couldn’t possibly miss it). She tried the email see and beg/explain option obviously with no luck 

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Why wouldn't you just get someone else to pay it for you?

Yes, and we’ve had plenty time to suss out what cards are acceptable. I’m sure I for is  in the t and c section of payments.  For those on the resale group good news that anecdotal evidence seems to suggest more back in than usual. 

Just asked for and received another confirmation e mail, just to make sure! And I won’t be the only one who does that. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

At the moment I don't know whether one of my mates has forgotten or is on a wind up. It's hard to call as both things would be on-brand.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Saw one twitter earlier who said they missed it because they’d changed their email. It’s seems an incredible coincidence that you’d realise the sale had been and gone just a few hours after it closed. 

Set up email forwarding 🙄 

14 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Uh oh, sounds dodgy

You work at a school as well don't you? So what do you do about this problem? I suggested just arriving Friday evening but she doesn't want to miss the Wednesday and Thursday if she comes

I'm in education too. In a position of lesser responsibility than VL. So my views are slightly more unprofessional. 

Any advice depends on what role she has and in what setting. Can you give us some context, via PM if you like. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:18 PM, shuttlep said:

you can buy them on the gate , they just charge your more. They don't want you getting there and then getting stuck, not letting you  in then turning back blocking traffic.

Yes, aware of that (this will be 'lucky' Glasto #13 for me), but just don't want the hassle. I messaged See Customer Service via their website and they've now added a second WV car park ticket to my order. Pretty straightforward for them, amazingly....!!

Edited by phillyfaddle
update