R, SR, TBC & C

Gnomicide

19 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Have we discussed Pierce O'brien? Bumped into him in a seminal manchester venue and he dropped hints towards Glastonbury.

Not my type of music but can understand why people would enjoy him

I thought you chatted to Alan McGee about him and that he was playing "seminal venues" in Manchester? 

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Updated to add Foals (R) and The Strays (C).

Great work on this thread Gnomy. I've been updating the playlist accordingly.

As well as the Strays, don't the 2nd and 3rd on the ETC usually get given smaller spots somewhere on the lineup?

I'd have thought Foals worthy of a SR. @adequate8 has been on the money before, and it's hardly an outlandish suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Great work on this thread Gnomy. I've been updating the playlist accordingly.

As well as the Strays, don't the 2nd and 3rd on the ETC usually get given smaller spots somewhere on the lineup?

I'd have thought Foals worthy of a SR. @adequate8 has been on the money before, and it's hardly an outlandish suggestion.

It was the Pilton Stage competition Saturday night rather than the ETC, I think it's just the winner gets a space (in Avalon from what I understand).

I agree on Foals, hadn't realised adequate8's track record until yesterday. Although the claim that Aerosmith would have been on after Diana Ross seems a tiny bit outlandish (particularlywith them publishing the Saturday on their website). However, the Kylie/Miley 1,2 from 2019 could indicate it was possible. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

It was the Pilton Stage competition Saturday night rather than the ETC, I think it's just the winner gets a space (in Avalon from what I understand).

I agree on Foals, hadn't realised adequate8's track record until yesterday. Although the claim that Aerosmith would have been on after Diana Ross seems a tiny bit outlandish (particularlywith them publishing the Saturday on their website). However, the Kylie/Miley 1,2 from 2019 could indicate it was possible. 

I suppose it’s possible they were booked for the Saturday in 2020, agreed to come back and just carried the day over without checking…

14 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Neil's info in other threads makes Foals, Sam Fender and Years And Years all TBC.

And, as mentioned on page 2, the Glasto shaped hole in Olivia Rodrigo's tourdates and Wolf Alice being announced by Michael for 2020 and their tour dates justify a R imo.

Cheers.

Updated and caved on the Olivia Rodrigo one.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

hi robin, are you doing your fantastic playlist again, there's enough rumoured to make a good start on it.

Yes indeed, I've been updating the playlist from last year (and the year before that!) here.

Only major departure from Gnomy's approach is that I've kept in anyone from the 2020 poster who's active in or around the UK at the time. Emily's recent interview further confirmed that most of those are being invited back. Worthy of a Strong Rumour in my book. Order is confirmed, self-confirmed, poster acts, others who are TBC or SR (including a few that I rate as that even if Gnomy doesn't).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I would assume Thursday night would fit them perfectly considering their current, perhaps a little baffling, popularity 

He told but one of the Inspiral Carpets members/ex members (not Clint Boon) saw them at a gig in Manchester and offered them a something or nothing slot at Kendal Calling and they went down a storm and that’s how they got going.