The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Trust the ensembles. All that blue kicking around on the 06z GFS operational run amounts to minimal actual precipitation, and almost none of the ensemble runs predict any significant rain during the festival.

Temperature wise there is more variation, with the operational run being on the high side Wed/Thu and low side Sat/Sun. Not much indication of it being a scorcher.

It might not be glorious hot weather, but I am willing to bet my wellies won't make it out the car.

prcpSomerset (1).png

t2mSomerset (1).png

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

it'll be fine, it better bloody be, i won't cope with mud.

This is why I want it dry. It needs to be good for everyone.

There is no chance in hell Im am handing 5 days of today's weather. Let alone any hotter. I struggled on the 15 mins I was outside on my dinner. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There is no chance in hell Im am handing 5 days of today,'s weather. Let alone any hotter. I struggled on the 15 mins I was outside on my dinner. 

So...today is supposed to be 23 in Manchester...with that latest GFS supposed to get to max 21/22 on Wed/Thu...after that doesn't get above 18.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There is no chance in hell Im am handing 5 days of today's weather. Let alone any hotter. I struggled on the 15 mins I was outside on my dinner. 

mud would be no good for my mobility, id be terrified of falling on my arse and not being able to get back up. will also make handling a mobility scooter a bit tricky.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

mud would be no good for my mobility, id be terrified of falling on my arse and not being able to get back up. will also make handling a mobility scooter a bit tricky.

I hope it isnt muddy, for you and anyone else with any sort of mobility issue.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...today is supposed to be 23 in Manchester...with that latest GFS supposed to get to max 21/22 on Wed/Thu...after that doesn't get above 18.

Its about 24 in the shade here according to my reliable phone reading..but god knows what in the sun. Not nice anyway.

Screenshot_20220616-150828_One UI Home.jpg

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There is no chance in hell Im am handing 5 days of today,'s weather. Let alone any hotter. I struggled on the 15 mins I was outside on my dinner. 

They were talking about coping in hot weather on radio this morning and one tip was immersing hands in cold water for about 10 minutes...can bring your core temperature right down...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

They were talking about coping in hot weather on radio this morning and one tip was immersing hands in cold water for about 10 minutes...can bring your core temperature right down...

Get your wrists immersed in cold water or put ice on your wrists. Or grasp hold of an ice cold pint 

46 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/11500-glastonbury-2022-update-2---balancing-act

Net Weather just released update 2 - still all to play for, still firmly in the "If" territory.

"If the high pressure moves in more through next week there will be more fine, settled weather, fewer showers and it won’t feel as cool after dark at the weekend. However, if the low pressure remains more dominant, the weather will stay a bit more unsettled."

Come on Jo... Voice of reason... 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I do that. Try finding that on the farm when you are trying to watch an act.

I'd take any temps between 18 and 25 at the festival. Even if its not sunny you can add a couple of degrees to those and if it is sunny, add 5 or 6. Shade temps too.

Anything above 25 and it all becomes a bit like a simmering volcano. 

6 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'd take any temps between 18 and 25 at the festival. Even if its not sunny you can add a couple of degrees to those and if it is sunny, add 5 or 6. Shade temps too.

Anything above 25 and it all becomes a bit like a simmering volcano. 

If sunny then can be cooler than 18 I reckon, especially if not windy...like 15 or 16 is ok. If cloudy you probably want it between 18 and 20. I am willing to accept low 20s and cloudy at this late stage. Cloudy at night is ok too..keeps the temperature up a bit..and definitely want it cloudy in the early morning, the darker the better.