Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The gulf of quality between Mõtley Crue and Def Leppard is fucking ridiculous.

Really. Can someone of seniority please book Def Leppard for that dad rock slot.

I keep thinking how obscene it must be to go to one of the shows where Crue are on last. Absolute vibe killer. Giving me a migraine just imagining it.

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just back from seeing Sparks, terrific live, great show and well worth a visit to the park stage to see them. And a mention for the mad support act, a bloke with a banjo, a cross between Noel Coward, George Formby and a bit of drum and bass. 

I'm so looking forward to them!

16 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just back from seeing Sparks, terrific live, great show and well worth a visit to the park stage to see them. And a mention for the mad support act, a bloke with a banjo, a cross between Noel Coward, George Formby and a bit of drum and bass. 

I’ll be seeing them, they’re great live

On 5/26/2023 at 4:25 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The gulf of quality between Mõtley Crue and Def Leppard is fucking ridiculous.

Really. Can someone of seniority please book Def Leppard for that dad rock slot.

Motley Crue were awful live 30 years ago.  Can't imagine they aged like wine.

Off to New Century in Manc to see The Beths tomorrow.  Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Didn’t play amateur hour but number one song was awesome 

IMG_0512.thumb.png.e18e227824035b23e895bd58959f6ee6.png

Gives you an idea on the depth of their catalogue when you consider how many out and out bangers they have that aren’t on the current set list. Looking forward to seeing Beaver O’Lindy and Bon Voyage live for the first time at the RAH on Monday. Disappointed that they’re out in the sticks on the Park Stage, but no longer an issue for me given I’m not going

The Beths were great in Manc last night and really like the New Century Hall as a venue. Pretty sure the band said “see you at Glasto” at one point, but I was quite drunk.

Then got some Glasto practice in by going dancing down Canal St until nearly 4:00am. f**ked now.

On 5/27/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Didn’t play amateur hour but number one song was awesome 

IMG_0512.thumb.png.e18e227824035b23e895bd58959f6ee6.png

Just been to see them at the Albert Hall, they were fantastic of course. 

At the end they did a shout out to the documentary crew, who were in the audience, and got Edgar Wright on to take a photo of them and the audience. 

I was very pleased the audience warmed up a lot, in some of the the earlier songs I was wary that they weren't making as much noise as the only other time I've seen them (and one of my favourite gigs) in Barrowlands. 

20230529_221049.jpg

Saw Caroline Polachek at Motion in Bristol last night. Didn't realise how popular she was but the crowd were going absolutely mad, I don't think she could believe how up for it they were! 

Great live show and def worthing catching at Glasto if you haven't seen her live.

I went to Neighbourhood festival on Sunday..

The Good - Pulp were excellent, but lose a mark for not playing Mis-shapes. Confidence Man were top. The Reytons were alright. Only on for 20 mins, but were on the better side of standard indie.

The Bad - The Soundsystem quality there was very poor. I've been to little gigs in pubs with better quality. The rest of the line up was all a bit meh.

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

Just been to see them at the Albert Hall, they were fantastic of course. 

At the end they did a shout out to the documentary crew, who were in the audience, and got Edgar Wright on to take a photo of them and the audience. 

I was very pleased the audience warmed up a lot, in some of the the earlier songs I was wary that they weren't making as much noise as the only other time I've seen them (and one of my favourite gigs) in Barrowlands. 

20230529_221049.jpg

I freakin' love the Royal Albert Hall! Such a great venue.

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Saw Caroline Polachek at Motion in Bristol last night. Didn't realise how popular she was but the crowd were going absolutely mad, I don't think she could believe how up for it they were! 

Great live show and def worthing catching at Glasto if you haven't seen her live.

Was it 2/3 years ago she was supposed to be playing but had to cancel twice? Pretty gutted I missed it to be fair. Glad you had fun though.

Bristol last night -

Mysterines - great set to a crowd that were arriving and most likely were not fully on board. Lead singer has the skills to perform and hold the crowd. Really enjoyed. 

The Hives - great fun . Ironic or actually naff showmanship? Dunno but good fun. Kicking the arse out of a long standing set for the most part but with enthusiasm. 

Arctic Monkeys- mostly a vintage set with three from the new album. Body Paint was superb. They smashed it. 

Edited by ClementsMike

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

I freakin' love the Royal Albert Hall! Such a great venue.

Was it 2/3 years ago she was supposed to be playing but had to cancel twice? Pretty gutted I missed it to be fair. Glad you had fun though.

Not sure, this one was supposed to be last November I think but canceled and rearranged.

Was really good but ridicously hot in there! Couldn't work out if she has a crazy fanbase or if people were going wild as a bank holiday!