2023 Festival

TheWaters

Liam Gallagher has headlined both Latitude and IOW recently, right? I’m not for a minute suggesting The 1975 are anywhere near his size but they’re both big festivals and they would still absolutely headline MSE if they were available. I’m just hoping we get a nice arena tour beforehand (I’m sure we will). 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Liam Gallagher has headlined both Latitude and IOW recently, right? I’m not for a minute suggesting The 1975 are anywhere near his size but they’re both big festivals and they would still absolutely headline MSE if they were available. I’m just hoping we get a nice arena tour beforehand (I’m sure we will). 

Arena tour early next year, announced next week I believe 👍

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2022 at 6:59 PM, NoBuses said:

Olivia Rodrigo is one of the biggest acts in the world, sigrid size ffs she just sub headlined Bombay Bicycle Club at Truck

Sure Olivia Rodrigo is popular with a big album, but isn't she a Disney pop star? 

I couldn't for the life of me imagine Hannah Montana subbing the Main Stage, or the cast of High School Musical up there. 

Is it no different to having Ariane Grande headlining?

Calling for Harry Styles to headline, and Olivia Rodrigo to sub is akin to having Robbie Williams headlining with a Britney Spears sub 20 years ago.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If the money is on the table, any artist would play even play a private gig for the cash of benefits street.

9 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Sure Olivia Rodrigo is popular with a big album, but isn't she a Disney pop star? 

I couldn't for the life of me imagine Hannah Montana subbing the Main Stage, or the cast of High School Musical up there. 

Calling for Harry Styles to headline, and Olivia Rodrigo to sub is akin to having Robbie Williams headlining with a Britney Spears sub 20 years ago.

We’ve been through this before. It’s not the same. 

11 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Hannah Montana wouldn’t play. 

Now Miley Cyrus on the other hand…

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Disney pop princess Olivia Rodrigo .... no different to Disney pop princess Britney Spears, Vanessa Hudgens, Serena Gomez, Arianna Grande...

Give your head a wobble

shes got bloody Paramore rip off complaints cant see you comparing Hayley Williams to Victoria Justice

Edited by Gerard the Fab

6 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Give your head a wobble

shes got bloody Paramore rip off complaints cant see you comparing Hayley Williams to Victoria Justice

Shes the star of High School Musical. She is very good but so are Little Mix and Ariana Grande, but they aren't playing either.

If Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Effeon came on stage singing "were soaring, flying..." they'd get bottled off the stage.

11 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Disney pop princess Olivia Rodrigo .... no different to Disney pop princess Britney Spears, Vanessa Hudgens, Serena Gomez, Arianna Grande...

Now tell me which of those played between Glass Animals and Megan Thee Stallion (one of the RL MSW sub/head combos this year) at Glastonbury

On 7/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, NoBuses said:

Also Polo G is such an awful booking, he played for about 20 minutes at wireless as he has about 3 songs

Randomly saw his set at Lollapalooza last year (streamed, not there) and he was brilliant. I don’t even like that music really but it was a great performance, an hour or so long I think. 

18 songs - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/polo-g/2021/grant-park-chicago-il-1b8f2124.html

Edited by Benj

On 7/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, Chad888 said:

You’re right Miley Cyrus wouldn’t sub, she’d headline no doubt

Its not 20 years ago anymore. People are a little more open minded about lots of things these days

Edited by Benj

On 7/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, Chad888 said:

Miley Cyrus would though...the person who plays Hannah Montana. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:05 PM, Chad888 said:

Skye sweetnam used to be a Disney singer. She was invited to open for Britney spears 

She played download festival 2019 with her metal band. 

Disney is just a great opportunity for kid singers and its up to them to be able to turn it into a career. 

4 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Skye sweetnam used to be a Disney singer. She was invited to open for Britney spears 

She played download festival 2019 with her metal band. 

Disney is just a great opportunity for kid singers and its up to them to be able to turn it into a career. 

Yungblud was aswell. You dont pass on that kind of an opportunity.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, Andre91 said:

And don’t forget that Muse headlined IOW this year, they can defo still get big headliners there if they want to. 

3 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Is Yungblud allowed to play then or ?

While I wouldn’t be bothered about former Disney stars being there tbh, Yungblud isn’t really the same as Miley, Demi etc. He was a minor character in 6 episodes of a UK-exclusive show that didn’t last very long. It’s not like that’s how he became famous, like is the case with the other examples. 

Edited by WhoOdyssey