2023 Festival

TheWaters

14 hours ago, FeverDream said:

I think you could get away with 3 indie acts depending on the bands. Whilst The Killers are indie I’d also argue they’re an established legacy rock band for R&L (same category as Foo Fighters, Muse, RHCP etc). Stick them on MSW, maybe have The 1975 on MSW too and then one of Kasabian or Fender on MSE (or both and drop The 1975 which would be my preference). God, feels odd calling a band that’s 20 years old legacy but that’s just the way I see R&L going haha.

Killers then Kasabian and Fender would work well. Feel like they are all quite similar though, would be a very laddy weekend crowd i think - would be better to get a more exciting indie leaning act then two of them. No idea who that would be though honestly. Seems like 1975 and Killers on MSE in the same year just won't happen imo

14 hours ago, gfa said:

Killers then Kasabian and Fender would work well. Feel like they are all quite similar though, would be a very laddy weekend crowd i think - would be better to get a more exciting indie leaning act then two of them. No idea who that would be though honestly. Seems like 1975 and Killers on MSE in the same year just won't happen imo

Yeah I think you’re right tbh. I’d hope they’d go for The Killers over The 1975 though, especially if we don’t get Muse.

MSE:

Friday: billie Eliseh 

Saturday: the killers 

sunday: coldplay

msw: 

friday: George Ezra 

Saturday: kasabian 

sunday: sam fender 

subs: 

friday main stage east: the courteeners 

Saturday: main stage east: two door cinema club

sunday: main stage east : foals

msw subs

friday: blossoms

Saturday: yungblud 

sunday: easy life 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Coldplay ain’t ever happening. 

Maybe there was a chance at one point circa Mylo Xyloto era. I could possibly see it as being something Chris Martin would want to do as like a ticking off the list kind of thing. 

I think now they’re just content with doing stadiums plus Glasto once every five years or so.

16 hours ago, Chad888 said:

MSE >> Sam Fender | Cardi B | Harry Styles

MSW >> Yungblud | Machine Gun Kelly | Lizzo

Subs - Rex Orange County / Aitch / Charlie XCX / Slowthai / Jamie T / Jack Harlow

Weak as hell. All solo artists too interesting choice ...

Cardi B is no way MSE. 3 weak MSW options too and Fender is on the weak side for East too.

6 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Coldplay is an odd one. I can’t believe they never headlined back in the day. Would have been very R&L to have them headline off the back of Parachutes or even the second album a bit like what happened with Arctic Monkeys.

From memory they played V festival a lot, which always ruled them out of R&L. 

3 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

TZgA0RZ.jpg

Olivia Rodrigo i'd argue too small. Can't see phoebe at r&l to be honest. Overall very solid, not sure Prodigy are very relevant to R&L crowd now, good r1 tent booking but main stage in the evening would fall very flat. not sure about that burna boy special guest slot - more likely to go to wireless or be in a proper slot. he's very big maybe a sub

Peggy Gou in the dance tent isn't happening i don't think, she is a huge name. You have camelphat and fred again doing it on friday and they are arguably both headliners of it too - not to sure on that though

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Olivia Rodrigo i'd argue too small. Can't see phoebe at r&l to be honest. Overall very solid, not sure Prodigy are very relevant to R&L crowd now, good r1 tent booking but main stage in the evening would fall very flat. not sure about that burna boy special guest slot - more likely to go to wireless or be in a proper slot. he's very big maybe a sub

Peggy Gou in the dance tent isn't happening i don't think, she is a huge name. You have camelphat and fred again doing it on friday and they are arguably both headliners of it too - not to sure on that though

The Prodigy subbed AM in 2009 in the evening and absolutely wiped the floor with them. The Prodigy on the main stage would be fine and rip it up but agreed that they aren’t really relevant to the crowd anymore but I think it would be a good booking. They’ll probably do The Other Stage at Glastonbury. 

4 hours ago, foolee said:

The Prodigy subbed AM in 2009 in the evening and absolutely wiped the floor with them. The Prodigy on the main stage would be fine and rip it up but agreed that they aren’t really relevant to the crowd anymore but I think it would be a good booking. They’ll probably do The Other Stage at Glastonbury. 

2009 is pretty different to 2023. I'm sure they'd put on a good show but as you said they aren't remotely relevant. About as likely as the constant chems shouts

21 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Coldplay is an odd one. I can’t believe they never headlined back in the day. Would have been very R&L to have them headline off the back of Parachutes or even the second album a bit like what happened with Arctic Monkeys.

Think they did a Stadium Tour on the back of the 3rd LP and then were not really an R&L fit musically at the time. They could deffo have headlined circa 03/04 off the 2nd LP, they did V Festival though

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think Becky Hill will blow up, can't see her below 3rd MSE.

Feel like becky hill has solidly grown for years, she's hardly new on the scene. Will always get a big crowd wherever she is placed but doubt she asks much £. playing like 3/4 down at tramlines, kendal type events it seems

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Feel like becky hill has solidly grown for years, she's hardly new on the scene. Will always get a big crowd wherever she is placed but doubt she asks much £. playing like 3/4 down at tramlines, kendal type events it seems

Yeah. She smashed it at Splendour. Felt like she could have been much higher.

Her, Craig David and Ashcroft the same day was Crazy! And being a smaller place you could get close.

So Pulp are reforming. I know people on here will claim the current demographic won't "get them", but their set in 2011 was phenomenal by all accounts, and surely even the young 'uns would know Common People. Decent shout for MSW headliner if R&L bother with going for them..

My official prediction, based on who is making movements and doing very well in charts and recent performance - 

Friday//

MSE >> Foals | Rex Orange County | You Me at Six

MSW >> Sam Fender | Yungblud | Idles

Saturday//

MSE >> Kendrick Lamar | Aitch | Olivia Rodrigo

MSW >> Doja Cat | Charlie XCX | Slowthai

Sunday//

MSE >> Muse | Jamie T | Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

MSW >> Paramore | Machine Gun Kelly | Wet Leg