2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 minute ago, R-K1D said:

No one reckon AJ Tracey was promised a 2023 MSW headline slot after filling the special guest slot last minute?

Don't particularly rate him (or his 2022 performance) but if KSI is in that conversation then he definitely should be

I dont overly keep up with his career- Does he have new music out/coming out? 

11 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

No one reckon AJ Tracey was promised a 2023 MSW headline slot after filling the special guest slot last minute?

Don't particularly rate him (or his 2022 performance) but if KSI is in that conversation then he definitely should be

I watched AJ this year (not my normal sort of music) but he was great, i felt the crowd was huge, and really got the crowd vibing, i'd watch him again

32 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

Would be his 3rd year in a row - think we can do better than that. He's not done wireless since 2021 so more liekly to get the bump up there i'd say

has he got dates yet?

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Just as an aside we don't need to get in a debate over this but I'd say there are more than 15% Scots. Both days I attended this year I couldn't look anywhere without seeing a Scottish football strip, felt like a very strong contingent. 

Good point, absolutely loads of Wales football shirts and flags too.

Either way, it’s definitely was less than 90% from England which is the post I was replying to.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Good point, absolutely loads of Wales football shirts and flags too.

Either way, it’s definitely was less than 90% from England which is the post I was replying to.

In any case, how different is the demographic between English, Scottish and Welsh when it comes to being fans of The Killers and Green Day?

Can someone do the stats on this? It's been a big debate in our household! 😁

9 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

In any case, how different is the demographic between English, Scottish and Welsh when it comes to being fans of The Killers and Green Day?

Last tour:

England: The killers 339,757. Green Day 96,500

Scotland: The Killers 51,066. Green day 35,000

Wales: N/a Green day haven't played in Wales since 2005. The killers did 10k in cardiff in 2019 and 21k in 2018

1 hour ago, R-K1D said:

49 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Last tour:

England: The killers 339,757. Green Day 96,500

Scotland: The Killers 51,066. Green day 35,000

Wales: N/a Green day haven't played in Wales since 2005. The killers did 10k in cardiff in 2019 and 21k in 2018

Breaking it up into England / Wales for Reading and then Scotland / England for Leeds is pointless anyway. Bar the north liking the courteeners for no apparent reason, the music taste for R&L crowd is pretty much the same anyway

Not that it effects me too much as I am there for the rock/indie music, but I do find it odd that no real rap headliners have been rumoured except KSI which isn't fantastic and is more pop music now himself anyway. Do we think there is a chance there is no out and out rap headliner, and if so how do we think this will go over with the younger generation?

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Not that it effects me too much as I am there for the rock/indie music, but I do find it odd that no real rap headliners have been rumoured except KSI which isn't fantastic and is more pop music now himself anyway. Do we think there is a chance there is no out and out rap headliner, and if so how do we think this will go over with the younger generation?

If Wireless announces Kendrick and Travis Scott - which it current looks like might happen, would it really matter?

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

FINAL PREDICTION:

MSE: Billie Eillish

MSW: KSI

MSE: The Killers

MSW: Foals

MSE: Paramore

MSW: Sam Fender

I reckon Billie and KSI would be on different days. Not convinced Paramore are bigger than Fender honestly