2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Chilis announced for Werchter in June, so hopefully takes them out of the equation (not that they were in the equation)

Yep: Heading to the UK next summer, with huge shows at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on Friday 21st July & Hampden Park in Glasgow on Sunday 23rd July

MSE: billie / Sam fender / killers 

MSW: foals / paramore / ksi 

that’s pretty strong - compare with this years in terms of “size” and “credibility to headline”

billie > Dave 

Sam Fender < AM

killers > 1975 

foals > Megan 

paramore > bmth

Ksi < halsey 

Obviously this is just my opinion but 

6 minutes ago, Will b said:

MSE: billie / Sam fender / killers 

MSW: foals / paramore / ksi 

that’s pretty strong - compare with this years in terms of “size” and “credibility to headline”

billie > Dave 

Sam Fender < AM

killers > 1975 

foals > Megan 

paramore > bmth

Ksi < halsey 

Obviously this is just my opinion but 

Good comparison I think

Definitely will need some strong rapper subs if KSI is going to be the only rap headliner.

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Definitely will need some strong rapper subs if KSI is going to be the only rap headliner.

With names like playboi carti, Loyle Carner, aitch, Trippie redd, central Cee etc being mentioned, a few of those should be enough to keep the rap crowd happy 

4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

The Killers have been ruled out for Sziget by @Sziget2023_Leaks.

you talkin nonsense lol

Not necessarily a deal breaker tbf. They have come over to the UK just to do Glastonbury and V Festival before, so them being over for just R&L also seems like something they might do, especially if one of their social media team is leaking Edinburgh dates before they're announced.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

For me, I won't see them better now than at Coventry just past. I got into the golden circle unintentionally and was very close. That's not going to be beaten.

Was way further back (as in stood in front of the sound desk) and wasn't aware that they had a golden circle tbf.

Can back you up that Cov was superb though.

What are we thinking about Fred Again - he's clearly about and is doing Electric Picnic a week after Reading. Could he MSE sub potentially?

Disclosure went down well and his music is pretty similar, audience would be too. Given we seem to have changed our tune on the certainty of the 5 'confirmed' headliners - maybe Fred is in the mixer.

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

What are we thinking about Fred Again - he's clearly about and is doing Electric Picnic a week after Reading. Could he MSE sub potentially?

Disclosure went down well and his music is pretty similar, audience would be too. Given we seem to have changed our tune on the certainty of the 5 'confirmed' headliners - maybe Fred is in the mixer.

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t play tbh.

Had a look round this aft at what some of the rumoured five are doing around August: obviously Billie is in the frame, both Foals and Fender are playing EU Fests the week before/after R&L. I’d say there’s enough there to assume Billie/Foals/Fender/KSI/Greenday (or Killers?) are five of the the headliners as per the original leak we were given.

1 hour ago, Lawsie said:

Yeah, quite popular with the rap/urban demographic and puts on a really good live show tbf 

I'd say I'm the rap urban demographic, Trippie Redd is not appealing to that sect.

He's appealing to the younger kids that are getting in to rap (the ones whose favourite song and video is Lil Yachty - I Spy)

He's the worst of the class of Polo G, Lil Uzi Vert, XXXTentacion, YNW Melly, Lil Xan, Roddie Rich, Dababy, Lil Peep, Playboi Carti, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Tory Lanez, Boogie wit da Hoodie, 6lack, Ski Mask the Slump God.

Edited by Chad888

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I'd say I'm the rap urban demographic, Trippie Redd is not appealing to that sect.

He's appealing to the younger kids that are getting in to rap (the ones whose favourite song and video is Lil Yachty - I Spy)

If ur the rap urban demographic then it’s the Eminem/ice cube demographic by the sounds of things you’ve said before and in this statement

U say ur the demographic and then slander a list of artists that make up a large portion of said demographic 

Like saying “oh yeah I’m in the heavy metal demographic but I’d say Metallica are the worst of the class of the likes of Korn, Slipknot, iron maiden, black sabbath, tool, and system of a down” 

edit: nothing against Eminem and ice cube I think they’re both world class 

Edited by Will b

9 hours ago, Chad888 said:

He's the worst of the class of Polo G, Lil Uzi Vert, XXXTentacion, YNW Melly, Lil Xan, Roddie Rich, Dababy, Lil Peep, Playboi Carti, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Tory Lanez, Boogie wit da Hoodie, 6lack, Ski Mask the Slump God.

Final straw 😂

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Chad888 said:

There's no way I can even try to comprehend anything you say after you've just said that Lil Xan is better than Trippie Redd